Community Forum

Email content does not show

New Poster

Email content does not show

Cannot open email content.  I attempt to open email and no content shows.

New Poster

Re: Email content does not show

Same here. There appears to be a service/server issue. Affects both Windows and Apple devices.

Contributor

My email down in NW Indiana also.

Senders names are changing to Unknown Sender and the body of the emails say "This Mail Has No Content."

I run a small business and find this extremely unacceptable.

Comcast's email seems to be down a lot.

New Poster

Re: Email content does not show cannot open my email locked

email won't open

Regular Visitor

I am also getting the 'error: failed to load message content' . I am in the far northwest suburbs of Chicago.

Frequent Visitor

Same issues you folks are reporting here in NYC. Cannot send or receive emails and content of existing emails won't load.    :-(

Contributor

Yes, same issue in Michigan - cannot send or receive emails and content of existing emails won't load.  So frustrating. Wish there was a way for them to give us an update rather than being frustrated trying to unsuccessfully use it.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I just talked to an agent on the phone and they are aware of the problem. Of course no further info available, and no ETA on a fix.

Regular Visitor

After spending far too long on a chat with a rep, my mail is now working properly.

Regular Visitor

No, it isn't working properly. I can see the content of some messages on my laptop, others are showing no content. I can see everything on my phone though.

Regular Visitor

Interestingly, I moved the mail that said no content to trash, then back to inbox and I can then see the entire content.

Administrator

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with your comcast.net email. We are aware of this issue and believe that we have successfully implemented a fix. We ask that you log out of your email box completely, clear your browsers cache and cookies and re-test.

Additionally, we have recently made some changes to our email settings that could prevent it from working correctly specifically on 3rd part email applications. For additional details on what you would need to update to get it working correctly again, see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-Update-Your-Xfinity-Email-POP-Port-Settings/ta-p/317...

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

My email appears to be good now, but that is after 2-1/2 hours of not being able to open emails or send emails to my clients.

I understand that these things happen, but Comcast's email seems very unreliable to me.

It is definitely not reliable enough to be used for business purposes.

Thanks.

Expert

@Bill256 wrote:

My email appears to be good now, but that is after 2-1/2 hours of not being able to open emails or send emails to my clients.

I understand that these things happen, but Comcast's email seems very unreliable to me.

It is definitely not reliable enough to be used for business purposes.

Thanks.

Residential email was never intended for business purposes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

It wasn't just the webmail that was bad. I had issues with my POP mail client not being able to download messages. I had 2 messages visible through webmail, but Thunderbird failed tried to retreive them. Luckily, they were nothing important and I just deleted them from the Webmail client (which was slow to log in.)

So far, seems to be back to normal.

Contributor

Still having issues with downloading email in Atlanta (Lawrenceville).  Also I see some VERY STRANGE folders which were created on the comcast side.  Names like  'usybapupqwtkeaiahmsvmlsmvmqfuggr' on each of my email accounts.  Should I DELETE them?

Contributor

Re: Email ERRORS when Retrieving from COMCAST Server

I continue to have email issues, retrieveing my email from Comcast into my Outlook 2010 client.  This is becoming very FRUSTRATING!  Obviously COMCAST made some changes and are continuing to have issues.  Maybe they should BACKOFF the changes to relieve they customers of this problem?

Regular Visitor

I wouldn't delete anything at this point. Last year, I went to my email on my laptop, and ALL folders were empty. If I remember correctly, it took 5 days to restore them. Their advice was to auto forward all emails to another email address so if it went out again, I would have copies. Good grief.

Contributor

To get my emails to my Windows Outlook 2010 Client it appears I have to shut the client down and start it back up.  Those emails on the client download but when the next download refresh takes place I start receiving connection errors.  When these were POP3 instead of IMAP, I had a much more reliable process.  Really frustrating.

New Poster

Comcast to Comcast emails were down for about five hours in northwest Chicago suburbs – outside email addresses were slightly quicker to arrive

Comcast to comcast emails are starting to trickle in