Community Forum

Email changed on or about Dec 8, 2018

Regular Visitor

Email changed on or about Dec 8, 2018

I had set up my email to show who was sending the email.  I used my full name.  On or about Dec 8, 2018 my name disappeared from the "From" line and now my husband is listed there.  He is the main membership contact but he doesn't do email.  I want my name there or at least give me a chance to choose between two options before I compose an email.  Let me choose my name or his name.  I called comcast but the rep seemed to know nothing about any change.   It is frustrating.  

Expert

Re: Email changed on or about Dec 8, 2018

@shlaf wrote:

I had set up my email to show who was sending the email.  I used my full name.  On or about Dec 8, 2018 my name disappeared from the "From" line and now my husband is listed there.  He is the main membership contact but he doesn't do email.  I want my name there or at least give me a chance to choose between two options before I compose an email.  Let me choose my name or his name.  I called comcast but the rep seemed to know nothing about any change.   It is frustrating.  

• In webmail, open a Compose window.
  • In the From: line you should see a downward arrow; click on that.
  • Click on Edit names
  • Put a check mark in the box next to his name
  • Type in your name
  • Click on Save

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!