Community Forum

Email bcc ... copy from Excel column of emails

Regular Visitor

Email bcc ... copy from Excel column of emails

I used to copy a list of emails from column in Excel spreadsheet to BCC.  I do not want to create contacts for these folks and then create mail Groups.  Since last Xfinity mail update, this doesn't seem to work (recognize individual emails and place separator between them).  Is there anyway to do this now?

Expert

Re: Email bcc ... copy from Excel column of emails

I don't have Excel since I'm on a Mac.  But I do have Numbers------the Mac equivalent of Excel.  I put three email addresses in the entry boxes of a new apreadsheet, putting a comma after each one.  I then opened a Compose page in the new email format, copied the entries from Numbers and pasted them into the To: field.  Worked like a charm.  So I guess try the same thing-------add a comma to the end of each entry in Excel and see if that works for you.

That said, you can do the same thing by simply typing the addresses into a Word document, or the body of a new email message------really, anyplace you can type them and put a comma between them should work.  For myself, I'd much rather use the address book and group method.  Much easier and more convenient.

New Poster

Re: Email bcc ... copy from Excel column of emails

Thank you!! The comma was the solution!!