Community Forum

Email account mystery

New Poster

Email account mystery

Hi! Clearly I'm signed in through some sort of account. It used to be linked to my father's email, as he used to work for Comcast years ago. I recently realized I needed to get back into the account, but I can't check my email as it says the page can't be found. I can't get support, because it either says that "something went wrong", or that I need a valid account number to request support. I couldn't even speak with a manager over the phone, as that requires a valid account number. I really need to get back into my email address.

Expert

Re: Email account mystery

Do you have the user ID and password for this account?  Can you get to the Xfinity homepage?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, I can get to the homepage. I believe the password is correct, as it does show that I'm logged in. It even shows my correct name when I go to a newer part of the site- Xfinity Mobile.

Expert

@nitropacked wrote:

Yes, I can get to the homepage. I believe the password is correct, as it does show that I'm logged in. It even shows my correct name when I go to a newer part of the site- Xfinity Mobile.

You need to clarify what's going on-------do you have a paid Comcast account yourself?  You mention your father's account-----is it still active or what?  Were you a secondary to his Primary?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes, I was a secondary to his primary. I do not currently pay for service through Comcast. As a bit more information, this seems to be a common issue that happens every now and then- a quick Google search of the page I get redirected to ("Sorry, we couldn't find that page") brings up several other results.

I'm facing the same issue many others have had, where in the URL bar, it says "unauthorized", likely meaning that there is an issue with the account itself on their end. I've tried calling Comcast, and was told to post here because that's how I would get help. Honestly, I think the guy just didn’t want to handle it, but that's just speculation, and I'll be trying again this morning.

I've tried logging in on 3 different browsers, so please, no one bring that up. I've tried on a different device, I've tried on mobile, all computer's are clean of viruses, and it's obviously not the modem since if it was, I wouldn’t be able to type this. Attached is a picture of the URL address bar- it's just about the only lead I have right now.

178CF62E-6399-40B8-8EA9-F9F70352B752.jpeg
Expert

OK, assuming your father's account is no longer valid, any secondaries would have since also gone away.  How long has it been since your father's service was discontinued?  When was the last time you were able to sign into your secondary account?

New Poster

Actually, apparently the email address is no longer associated with that account, thankfully. I just called Comcast and was told that by a very nice woman who did not hang up on me like the guy before her. So it's no longer a secondary on his account- not sure when that happened. And the account definitely exists, as I've successfully logged in and am technically on it right now- I just can't check my email. Technically, I'm able to log in right now, today, yesterday even. Just can't read my email. That's what this boils down to.

New Poster

New info! Apparently I'm not eligible to continue email service because I disconnected service and didn't log in to the email address for over 90 days. Apparently all it will take is either subscribing to service, **OR**, connecting the account to another account with service, thus making it a secondary account with that account.

Expert

@nitropacked wrote:

New info! Apparently I'm not eligible to continue email service because I disconnected service and didn't log in to the email address for over 90 days. Apparently all it will take is either subscribing to service, **OR**, connecting the account to another account with service, thus making it a secondary account with that account.

@I have done some more digging, and as long as you satisfied the sign-in requirements, your account should have stayed functional even after your father's was gone.  If you want, private message me your user ID (that part of the email address to the left of the @ symbol).  To PM me click on my name.

New Poster

No need. I finally recovered the account, after being in a call with an employee who finally decided that it was time to elevate the issue to level 2 support. Thanks anyway!

Official Employee

Hi nitropacked, thank you for posting an update and glad they were able to get this corrected for you.  Please reach back out if you need any help in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.