Community Forum

Email account disabled

New Poster

Email account disabled

email active but receive error message disabled due to invalid credentials. Enter the account and enter correct credentials to enable again. I do this and still get same message

Regular Visitor

Re: Email account disabled

I started getting the same message today as well. I can log into the primary account and each individual secondary account separately without an issue, but get the "invalid credentials" error when I am logged into the primary account and try to open a folder for a secondary account. Went to the "Users" tab---no credentials errors are being shown.

New Poster

That makes three of us.  What's strange is that  disabled secondary Comcast account is working fine on my iPhone and iPad.

Regular Visitor

Me too--works on my iphone. Wonder if Comcast is working to resolve the issue (if enough people are having the same problem) or if we will have to individually waste hours talking to CS reps that tell us to reset our passwords, restart our computers, and other useless steps before "escalating" to someone with actual technical knowledge?

New Poster

I am having the same problem with the message saying my our mail account was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again.

Gold Problem Solver

@tw52 wrote: ... email active but receive error message disabled due to invalid credentials ...

Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

New Poster

I guess we aren't going to get any direction from Xfinity on this.

New Poster

I called the number above and was told that the pop-up message is actually a form of phishing.

The rep said to clear your browser's cache and cookies, and then to reset the password on your wifi and then reboot your router.

I haven't done it but will give it a shot.

Regular Visitor

I did all their suggested fixes---still not working right. Anyone from Comcast know what's really causing the issue?

Regular Visitor

With absolutely no help from Comcast, I figured out the solution----

1. Log into your primary email account
  2. Make sure you're in the "Mail" tab (between "Xfinity Connect" and "address book")
  3. Go to the far upper right corner and click on the "cog/wheel" icon (just to the right of the "?" icon)
  4. There will be several options, click on "Settings"
  5. Then go back to the far left side margin and click on "Accounts" (which is just below "basic settings")
  6. In the middle of the screen, all your secondary accounts should be listed. There should be a "disabled" notation below all the email accounts that have been generating the "disabled" error message.
  7. For each account that is disabled, click on the corresponding "edit" button to the right.
  8. Scroll down to the "password" field, clear out the existing password (it will just be a series of dots),re-input the password, and click the "save " button.

That should fix it---good luck!

New Poster

I applied the fix last night and it appears to have worked.

Thanks!!!

New Poster

I applied the fix suggested above and it worked. Thanks alot.

I was on the phone with Comcast for a 1/2 hour and the rep told me to wait 24hours for the changes made to take effect.