Community Forum

Email Sign-In Asks to Verify Password Recovery Options Every Single Time

Regular Visitor

Email Sign-In Asks to Verify Password Recovery Options Every Single Time

This wasn't a problem for me until recently, just a few weeks ago as far as I can recall. Since some point in time a few weeks ago, every single time I sign in to my Xfinity email account I'm asked to verify my password recovery options (as described on the help page here). Every. Single. Time. It's annoying to click the bookmark to open my email, take the time to load the URL, and then rather than having my inbox appear I have a separate page asking me to verify my password recovery options, and I then have to click through and load a new URL to actually see what I came for. I've already set up all 3 recovery options! Why I being asked every time? I've replicated the problem on multiple different devices.  It's not service-breaking, it just requires more clicks and time on my end and as of late it happens every single time I just want to load my inbox, which is quite irritating.

Official Employee

Re: Email Sign-In Asks to Verify Password Recovery Options Every Single Time

Hi, DoodleVib! Welcome to our community! If you already set up all three recovery options, it should not ask you to do it again. Have you noticed any other suspicious activity on your account? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@DoodleVib wrote:

This wasn't a problem for me until recently, just a few weeks ago as far as I can recall. Since some point in time a few weeks ago, every single time I sign in to my Xfinity email account I'm asked to verify my password recovery options (as described on the help page here). Every. Single. Time. It's annoying to click the bookmark to open my email, take the time to load the URL, and then rather than having my inbox appear I have a separate page asking me to verify my password recovery options, and I then have to click through and load a new URL to actually see what I came for. I've already set up all 3 recovery options! Why I being asked every time? I've replicated the problem on multiple different devices.  It's not service-breaking, it just requires more clicks and time on my end and as of late it happens every single time I just want to load my inbox, which is quite irritating.

Happening in my wife's account right now too. Have an open ticket on it. 

Tek
Regular Visitor

Hi @ComcastElla

I have not noticed any other suspicious activity on my account. There's nothing to indicate that someone else has accessed my account recently. I can confirm as of today that even with all of the recovery options set up it is still asking me to verify recovery options evey time I log in. 

DoodleVib

Official Employee

DoodleVib, thanks for posting here! I see you're working with Ella in private message so I'll keep this thread open until this is resolved. Thanks for your business! 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@DoodleVib - I need to take a closer look at your account and in order to do that, I need to verify your first and last name, username. Could you please reply to my private message?