Community Forum

Email Server down

New Poster

Email Server down

I have been unable to read my emails for a while.  Contacted support they say email server is down and may not be restored for 12 hours.

New Poster

Re: Email Server down

Thanks for posting this.  I teach online classes and have the same problem.  I hate calling support so I thought I would look here.  Appreciate you posting what you found out. 

Frequent Visitor

Email server down for me too.  Haven't gotten any new mail since 5PM EST.  Cannot access any emails and my secondary accounts seem to be missing.

Contributor

Good old comcast at it again... garbage email service is down, and been for several hours now.

Regular Visitor

typical coc mast

New Poster

My e-mail will not load. When I click on a e-mail I get a blank page with a arrow circling like it is refreshing. Is there a problem at Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Thank you all for the heads up!  Just chatted with Comcast Internet Tech support.  They said their are email server problems in my area and their engineers were working on the problem.  Time will tell......

Contributor

Its not in one area... this is across the country.  Email is DOWN systemwide.

Great service Comcast, apparently they don't have any kind of redundancy or backup.

Silver Problem Solver

Nice to see this post. Had some people tell the got messages saying stmp errors when sending email.
Charter is up since my brother said he sent me a email with a large attachment. More and more with this company having issues, no method to really contact them I may go to the local DSL option and spend more money for a bit slower speed.

But no data caps

Contributor

Yeah, good luck getting somebody besides 'tech support' from India that just reads off a script and asks you to reboot your computer even though the problems are on Comcast's side with their entire email system.

Silver Problem Solver

They really have issues. I tried the web based email and sent a test email to a work account to see if the outgoing mail works.

Tells me the message was sent but nothing showed up on the work email, not even spam.

Nice.

And all Comcast can do is shut down local offices or reduce their hours like they recently did in my area, increase rates all the time and are getting worse at keeping a consistent service.

Frequent Visitor

Not able to send nor receive emails since 3 pm.

This happens quite frequently. Not good.

New Poster

Email has been down all day for me.  Anyone have any idea when it will be back up?

New Poster

This is ridiculous.  I'm in Oregon, email system down since 4PM yesterday, Feb. 12th.

Contributor

Aaaaaand it appears to be down yet again, after being 'fixed' for only a couple days.

Haven't been able to receive any emails, or view any I have since about 5pm est.

Contributor

I'm having the same issue within the xfinity connect app can't read my e-mails and the last e-mail I got was at 4:51pm and only 3 of the e-mails shows no grey wording under the bolded e-mails, they also need to fix the problem when I do get a new e-mail and open up the app it will show E-mail in bold at the top where it says inbox and shows you how many e-mails you got and your e-mail address so you can't tap the arrow to go to see your account and folders Woman Frustrated

New Poster

It is down now for (at least) my area (95051). Since ~3 PM. They tell me it will 24 hours for resolution. What does that do to their 99.999999% relialibily number that they advertise.

New Poster

Email server is down - 04-09-2018