Community Forum

Email Searches

Regular Visitor

Email Searches

Is anyone else having a problem with the Comcast  email search function? My Comcast Email is in Comcast Email, not Outlook and I am using Goggle Chrome as my brower. 

Does anyone have any good tips on how to use the search function in the Comcast Email? It used to be that you put in a key word that was in the text of the email or in the subject, and it would bring up ALL the emails with that word in it. Now it is very hit or miss. I might get a few emails with that word in it, but I won't get all. I have tried making sure I am in the right folder, but that doesn't help. I have tried putting quotation marks around the words, that doesn't help. 

I know that the email that I am searching for exists, because I will go back several months, or even several years and look by date and there it is, but it will not come up when I put certain words that are in the body of the email or in the subject of the email, in the search criteria. 

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any tips or suggestions of how to make this search function work better. 

Thanks in advance. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Email Searches

This has always worked for me in the past; however, over the last couple of days, the search I'm doing does not bring up all of the emails with my keywords (and I know they are there). I'm wondering if the issue they were having a couple of days ago will be sorted out once the "residual fallout" has been resolved, per the response from an Admin in this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Will-Comcast-please-explain-what-keeps-happening-to-.... I will wait *patiently" to see if it does get resolved.

Expert

My search function seems to work OK for me.  Here is where you can look at the search operators----------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/

New Poster

I am unable to search since Comcast changed it's email a couple of months ago as well. I use Comcast for work, and it has been extremely time consuming trying to access old emails. If you find a solution, please post. I need to use the search feature on a daily basis, I am however contemplating switching providers....this is taking too much time.

Expert

the Search function works just fine for me.  Exactly what happens when you try to run a search?

Contributor

Re: Email Searches fail

I am having the same issue. I do a search and find nothing right after looking at the search item term in my inbox. Yes i use all folders yes i try email in text in subject etc etc. A few months ago it worked, recently it started to fail again. I know the search termis there in my folders but the search function (no matter how I search) will not be found. 

New Poster

If I search for a word I expect exach match or exact match in a longer word. If I search for TONER it better have TONER in each of the emails in the results list. Not timer or any varients. CAn I set my search settings?

Expert

@MrDoug wrote:

If I search for a word I expect exach match or exact match in a longer word. If I search for TONER it better have TONER in each of the emails in the results list. Not timer or any varients. CAn I set my search settings?

No, there is nothing in your account settings that would let you alter how the search function works.  I can only suggest you look at the available search criteria at the link I posted upthread 4 months ago.

New Poster

So an NON-Xfinity email program would help. Thank you!