Community Forum

Email Issues - loss of sorting function

New Poster

Email Issues - loss of sorting function

I use my comcast.net email as my primary email account, but within the last year or so I have lost the ability to sort email by any function other than date. When cleaning up emails, I usually sort by sender to quickly delete junk email - that function does not work now. 

Is there a setting that I need to enable or did Xfinity remove this during the last "upgrade"?

Expert

Re: Email Issues - loss of sorting function

@jack2richmond wrote:

I use my comcast.net email as my primary email account, but within the last year or so I have lost the ability to sort email by any function other than date. When cleaning up emails, I usually sort by sender to quickly delete junk email - that function does not work now. 

Is there a setting that I need to enable or did Xfinity remove this during the last "upgrade"?

On the right hand side you should see Sort by.  If you click on that you can choose From.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Yes, that's the function that no longer works. 

Expert

@jack2richmond wrote:

Yes, that's the function that no longer works. 

Have you tried clearing your cache?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Actually I figured it out from another post. The default is to group by "conversations", which renders the sort function inoperable. I turn that off and now it works.