Community Forum

Email Filters

Frequent Visitor

Email Filters

I have a question that I can't find an answer to in the FAQ section about filters.

First, this what I want to do: Forward specific email addresses to another another account and keep a copy.

I have 2 options under settings:

1) auto-forward all emails and keep a copy.  This is NOT what I want to do.

2) set up a filter using the 'from/sender' condition to set specific addresses and then set an action to 'redirect' those emails.  But I can't set an additional action of 'keep' a copy.  Well, I can set it but every time I go back in to look, it is gone.  That makes sense since those emails have been redirected.  What we really need is an additional action called 'forward to' and then be able to set the action of 'keep' to save a copy.

If there is no way to do what I want to do now, who can a forward a suggestion to so the menu for 'action' can be expanded to do this.

Expert

Re: Email Filters

I just tried it successfully:

1) I set up a filter to "Keep" as the first action for incoming emails coming from my iCloud account 

2)  I set the second Condition for" Redirect" to one of my other secondary Comcast accounts.

3) I signed out of the first Comcast account and back in again to get the changes to "take".

4)  Sent a test email from the iCloud account to the first Comcast account, and it appears in the Inbox for both the first Comcast and second Comcast account.   So the filter worked as expected.

So, try the same thing you did before making sure Keep is the first condition.  Then sign out of the account and back in again.  I'm surprised there is not a separate option to forward since it's not quite the same thing as a redirect.  But it is at least doable.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I did try to put the 'keep' as the first action and it still disappeared when I logged back in and looked at it again.  But I'll try it again to see if it works for me.  I'll let you know.

Frequent Visitor

"So, try the same thing you did before making sure Keep is the first condition.  Then sign out of the account and back in again.  I'm surprised there is not a separate option to forward since it's not quite the same thing as a redirect.  But it is at least doable."

Alright I just tried it again and it does work.  I said 'keep' and 'redirect to' and logged out.  I sent an email from a second account to my comcast email account and checked my third account to see if it had arrived.  It had.  But I looked back at my filter and the 'keep' was gone.

So I left it just as it was and sent a second test email exactly the same way.  It arrived as I had hoped.  So I logged back into my comcast account to see if there was a copy there.  And it was even though the 'keep' was no longer in my filter.

So maybe the 'redirect to' acts like a 'keep' + 'forward to'.  In any case I'll keep a close eye on it for a while and send a test occasionally to see if it is still working.

Thank a lot....