Community Forum

Email Domain Issues

Frequent Visitor

Email Domain Issues

I use multiple email domains for various reasons, including live.com and gmail.com.  However, I have recently had issues sending emails to the live.com domain.  Has anyone else experienced trouble like this?

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     FW: spec sheet info

Sent:  7/23/2019 6:57 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

XXXXXXX@live.com on 7/23/2019 6:57 AM

None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.

Expert

Re: Email Domain Issues

Does this happen only when you send from a Comcast email address, or with any other like Yahoo or Gmail, etc?  Are you sure the @live.com address in question is still valid?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the offer to help!

The issue is only ocurring when sending to the live.com address from my comcast.net domain.  All other emails being sent from other domains (i.e. gmail, yahoo, and work domain) are received.  The live.com address is valid and owned by me.  I can send emails from live.com domain to my other email addresses without issue .. onyl when sending from comcast.net.  I use Outlook to managed all of my email addresses.

2019-07-23 16_47_47-About Microsoft® Outlook® for Office 365.jpg

Expert

@philphactor wrote:

Thanks for the offer to help!

The issue is only ocurring when sending to the live.com address from my comcast.net domain.  All other emails being sent from other domains (i.e. gmail, yahoo, and work domain) are received.  The live.com address is valid and owned by me.  I can send emails from live.com domain to my other email addresses without issue .. onyl when sending from comcast.net.  I use Outlook to managed all of my email addresses.

2019-07-23 16_47_47-About Microsoft® Outlook® for Office 365.jpg

I have to ask-------does the same thing happen if you send from Comcast using only the webmail UI and your borwser and not Outlook?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for asking, covering the basics is something I shoud have done before opening the thread.  I didn't atttempt to send via web.  However, the issue is no longer ocurring, so it appears to either have been a fluke or self-resolved.  Thanks for offering to help.

Official Employee

Hi philphactor, thank you for your reply and update.  Glad to hear your issue resolved itself and please don't hesitate to reach back out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.