Community Forum

Email Broken 4+ months

New Poster

Email Broken 4+ months

My user ID for my main email account is apparently corrupted. I cannot receive any emails on that ID from anyone including Comcast tech support. I have been on the phone with Comcast support so many times it is pathetic. Tier 1 6-7 or more times, Tier 2 3-4 times. I have spent hours going over the same questions & the same attempted fixes. I have had to recreate tickets multiple times. I finally got bumped up to the "security department". That was 5 days ago. I called the security department to see when this will be fixed or if there was any progress. I waited 45 min to get someone. They kept putting me on hold reviewing my ticket. After being on hold, I got thrown back to general customer service - that or the agent did not want to deal with me and dumped me.

I cannot view online bills, play certain games, review certain finanacial information, and a whole list of other things that are tied to this email account. They all require a security pin that is sent to this email account. I am now faced with calling a dozen or more companies while I am at work (they don't work at night) to try to have email addresses changed to one that actually works so I can move on.

I am sick and tired of trying to get Comcast to fix this. I do not have time to sit for hours on the phone each night just to continually go no where.

Expert

Re: Email Broken 4+ months

Rather than put yourself through any more of this torture, I can only suggest that you change the primary email address.  Here are the instructions for that-----------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-your-primary-account-user

I mean it's only worth so much aggravation for my money.

Just sayin

New Poster

Re: Email Broken 4+ months

Issue fixed. Sadly the hours & days I spent on the phone with the "regular" Comcast support was a total waste of time. The folks @Comcastcares fixed my issue via Twitter in a day & a half vs the couple of months frustration I spent through phone support. One step for social media.