Community Forum

Email Blind copy to a group

New Poster

Email Blind copy to a group

I cannot find a way to send an email to a group, as a Blind Copy. I have read other questions and answers to this, but the answers given DO NOT WORK.  If I click on BCC, it will not show me my groups. If I click on my groups, I cannot put them in the Blind Copy Box. I tried to follow the answers given in this forum, and I just exposed an entire group, because it didn't work. I am beyond frustrated!!!

Expert

Re: Email Blind copy to a group

When you click on Bcc at the right end of the To: field, all it does is open the Bcc field for use.  After you have done that you need to click on the Bcc button itself to open your address book.  Then you can select the group you want and it will populate the field.   It looks like this-----------------------

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 6.14.07 AM.jpg

New Poster

Doing that will not show any of my GROUPS. It just shows all my contacts, so that doesn't solve my problem.

Expert

Start typing the name of the group in the Bcc field.  Does it appear in the drop-down?  Or, you can click on the Bcc and use the search box at the top.  I just tried and it works fine for me either way.  The group should be in alphabetical order along with the individual contacts.

Expert

@debit51 wrote:

I cannot find a way to send an email to a group, as a Blind Copy. I have read other questions and answers to this, but the answers given DO NOT WORK.  If I click on BCC, it will not show me my groups. If I click on my groups, I cannot put them in the Blind Copy Box. I tried to follow the answers given in this forum, and I just exposed an entire group, because it didn't work. I am beyond frustrated!!!

I think you're missing the point.  When the BCC is populated with each contact name, no one that receives the email will see anyone else's email address, only their own and whom the email came from.  This is the way it's supposed to happen.  You're not exposing the group member list to anyone else in the group.  That's why it's called "blind carbon copy".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

My Group Addresses do not show up in the drop down box, regardless of whether I use TO, CC or BCC. It has been like this for the last three days. Comcast representative suggested deleting all my groups and starting over... NO WAY!

Something is wrong with the Group Address feature.

Worked fine on May 29 2018 which was the last time I successfully used Group Address.

New Poster

I have to say, I agree that the current BCC feature is not working for groups.  To all you frustrated users, I am about to migrate to gmail so I can accomplish today's communication need.  It won't take any longer that entering all the group members by hand.

@JohnH1 wrote:

My Group Addresses do not show up in the drop down box, regardless of whether I use TO, CC or BCC. It has been like this for the last three days. Comcast representative suggested deleting all my groups and starting over... NO WAY!

Worked fine on May 29 2018 which was the last time I successfully used Group Address.

Expert

@jj06 wrote:

I have to say, I agree that the current BCC feature is not working for groups.  To all you frustrated users, I am about to migrate to gmail so I can accomplish today's communication need.  It won't take any longer that entering all the group members by hand.

@JohnH1 wrote:

How is it not working?  I just tested it and it works for me in Appsuite webmail.

• Click on Compose
  • On the right side of the TO: line click on BCC
  • Click on the BCC box and an address list pops up
  • Put a check mark  in the box next to the Group name
  • Click on Select to populate the BCC field
  • OR
  • To the right of the BCC box click on the person icon
  • Put a check mark in the box next to the Group name
  • Click on Select to populate the BCC field

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Expert

I tried by just typing the name of the group in the Bcc field and it shows up in the drop-down.  Click on the group and it populates the field.  Works fine for me.  If you can't get any of the methods posted by Again or myself to work, try clearing your browser's cache/browsing history, then close out the browser, sign out of the account and back in again.  Open a fresh browsing session. and try it again.

New Poster

I don't know AppSuite, I'm just trying to use my comcast.com email.  I did talk with a help chat person who said "There will be a fix soon."  To JohnH and others, I could not get the groups to show up using your work-around.  My groups show up in "Addresses" but not after I go to BCC.  They do not populate with single addresses on the BCC field with predictive text.  I have closed browser, sighned out and in again, etc.  

Expert

@jj06 wrote:

I don't know AppSuite, I'm just trying to use my comcast.com email.  I did talk with a help chat person who said "There will be a fix soon."  To JohnH and others, I could not get the groups to show up using your work-around.  My groups show up in "Addresses" but not after I go to BCC.  They do not populate with single addresses on the BCC field with predictive text.  I have closed browser, sighned out and in again, etc.  

In your browser location bar [where the URL is] does it say https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite or

https://connect.xfinity.com/zimbra ?

New Poster

Re: Email Blind copy to a group: new work-around

To Again, it is zimba.

But, i did find, if I

1. select the group and

2. open an outgoing email in Compose (where all the group addresses show in TOSmiley Happy

3.  Click on Show BCC

4.  I can drag each address from the TO box to the BCC box.

Finally!

Expert

Re: Email Blind copy to a group: new work-around

@jj06 wrote:

To Again, it is zimba.

But, i did find, if I

1. select the group and

2. open an outgoing email in Compose (where all the group addresses show in TOSmiley Happy

3.  Click on Show BCC

4.  I can drag each address from the TO box to the BCC box.

Finally!

Well, don't get too used to it.  Comcast has been switching over to a new email format from Appsuite.  The old Zimbra format has almost all gone now.  As of a month or so ago the migration was about 98% complete.  So you won't have the Zimbra much longer presumably.  The instructions Again and I posted are for the new format.