Community Forum

Email Access

New Poster

Email Access

I have not received any new emails for about a week now. I know this has to be a glitch in the system because I receive about 40 emails a day. Is there a way I can reset or troubleshoot my account so I can check for these emails?

Expert

Re: Email Access

Did you try to send yourself an email from some other account you have like Yahoo or Gmail?  Does it go through OK?  Also, check to see if your "Safe List" is enabled;  on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then on Settings>>>>>Advanced settings.  If the Safe List is enabled turn it off.  If it's on, nothing will get to the Inbox unless it's on that list.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

michaelas13, you don't say how you are trying to access your Comcast email account(s). 

1) Are you saying that when you login to xfinity.com in the browser and open your email that there is no new email?

or

2) Are you saying that when you try to access your Comcast email thru a mail client you have no new email?

If you haven't tried logging in thru the browser, then try that.

BUT, if you are using a mail client, make sure you really should have an email in the account. If your email client is set to download all emails and NOT leave copies on the server, don't try the client then login thru the browser. Just try logging in thru the browser. And you can also try as Latogue suggests from another browser login (Yahoo,Gmail,etc) to send an email to your Comcast.net account while you are logged in to both.

If in the browser it shows no new email (in ANY folder) after several logins, then it may indicate an issue with your account or settings within the email account.

If you have made changes to any xfinity.com email filter settings (for spam or auto-processing), check those to ensure you haven't created a filter that is permanently deleting all emails (yes, you can do that).

If you are using an email client and have no new emails, but when logging in to xfinity.com and checking email in the browser you do have email, then the issue has something to do with your email client configuration and/or it's access to the account(s).

Official Employee

Hello, michaelas13! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

It looks like Latoque and eraym Have already offered some great advice. 

Please try the things they have suggested and let us know if it helps or if you are still having troubles. If you are, please be sure to let us know more like where you are trying to access these emails and what you found while troubleshooting.

I look forward to your update!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!