Community Forum

EMAILS NOT RECEIVED ON WEBMAIL OR MAIL APPLICATION/IMAC

Regular Visitor

EMAILS NOT RECEIVED ON WEBMAIL OR MAIL APPLICATION/IMAC

on 5/9 and april 1 i did not receive important emails from a client. 

searching mac mail on my imac did not surface either one.

she has forwarded me the emails she sent.

my address on them is correct.

the one sent on 5/9 does not appear in my webmail either.

i do not know how to access emails before last friday on my webmail,

but i assume the april 1 email also did not make it to webmail.

the date april 1, the first time this happened, seems suspicious.

aside from the 2 missed mails, between april 1 and today, i have received emails from this client

in my mac mail inbox on 4/16/4/17, 4/18, and today.

we do not email daily and i do not think i've missed any other emails from this client since april 1.

i am not aware of missing other emails, but it's possible that i am.

i have never had this problem before, that i am aware of, with emails not making it to webmail.

what can i do to ensure i'm getting all the emails that are being sent to me?

thank you!

Official Employee

Re: EMAILS NOT RECEIVED ON WEBMAIL OR MAIL APPLICATION/IMAC

Hello aletheia33. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with troubleshooting your report of missing emails. Have you been able to check your spam folder to confirm none of these emails are going there? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

thank you.

yes, i have checked my spam folder. they are not there.

Official Employee

Thank you for looking into the spam folder, aletheia33. Since you're not seeing this in webmail as well, when you go into your webmail there should be a gear icon for settings on the top right-hand side. When you go into the settings, there should be a filters rule under Mail from the left navigation panel. Can you confirm there are no rules set up for this particular clients email that may have caused it to be deleted or not show up?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

thank you.

i have checked as you instructed.

the filter rules window indicates that no filter rules are set up.

so i can confirm there are no rules set up for this client's email.

you may wish to note that many emails are coming through.

but some, from the same sender address, are not.

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming, aletheia33. Our next step is to create and submit an Advance Repair ticket to our higher level fix agency so we can have the back end checked for any settings that may impact your ability to receive email. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

New Poster

This keeps happening to my comcast email address as well. Not recieving emails I KNOW FOR A FACT were sent in my inbox or webmail.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi 26irie. Please sign into your Xfinity Connect webmail account and visit the settings preferences and ensure email filters are not impacting your email address. Also ensure Email Safe List is turned off / appropriately configured. The Email Safe List allows you to list only the email addresses from which you want to receive emails. Messages from other address are excluded on the list will be rejected. Generally this feature should be disabled. 

Official Employee

Hello aletheia33. Thanks for private messaging me. Due to elapsed time with no private message response, this thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again.