Community Forum

EMAIL FOLDERS DISAPPEARED

Contributor

EMAIL FOLDERS DISAPPEARED

Apparently - in the middle of the night on Weds into Thursday - there was some sort of massive e-mail problem or crash - at least that's what the Xfinity tech told me.  When I went to look at my e-mail on Thursday morning  - ALL of the many, many folders I had created to store IMPORTANT information for work and many, many other IMPORTANT e-mails - had completely disappeared.  There were two folders labelled "restore folder - with a bunch of numbers - but they were empty.  I have been on the phone with Xfinity three times - speaking with "Advanced Support Techs".  They keep assuring me that my folders will reappear but I am pretty certain they are gone and I am very upset.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what the outcome was.  I am not a Comcast "hater". I've been with them for 20 years.  Just want my irreplaceable e-mails back

Expert

Re: EMAIL FOLDERS DISAPPEARED

There are several other posters suddenly having the same issue.  So I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  I have not experienced this myself though.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I am reasonably confident that your folders will reappear. There was a similar issue a week or so ago and everything returned. And when I look at my email account on the Xfinity site my old emails appear in archive folders.

One of the issues seems to be that the problem you are seeing is not necessarily the same problem I am dealing wtih. For me, only one of my Comcast email accounts is affected. Also, while I am seeing this problem on my laptop mail app and on the Comcast site my phone email app is unaffected.

For me, it is the lack of communication both within and outside of Comcast that is unacceptable. Technology issues occur. But if you are not keeping your customer-facing people, i.e. call center agents, updated and are not keeping your paying customers updated then you have failed as an organization. The agents are only as helpful as the information they are provided. Most of us are still getting new email so why can't Comcast send a blast email to its customers with periodic updates. Why can't Comcast post a banner on its home page and on the User Forums home page with periodic updates. Utter failure in customer service.

New Poster

same thing! all gone! why?  Comcast.....please fix! 

Frequent Visitor

All of my folders except one from 2017 are still missing. Some emails from 2/15 are  are in my Inbox  - those held for tasks and reply are all missing. Nothing has been restored and the follow-up number Comcast left on my machine calls an automated sell-more-stuff system. I was using online chat last night but it crashed or they just disconnected. Doesn't look good.

Contributor

I completely agree with your comments. And sincerely hope you are correct about the return of the folders.
Contributor

Sorry - that was for scottmwillis

New Poster

SAME HAS HAPPEN TO ME !!  LOOKS LIKE OVER 2 YEARS OF ARCHIVES COMPLETELY GONE,

BOTH CRITICAL WORK AND PERSONAL EMAIL.  WHAT'S UP COMCAST ,  WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED ?!

New Poster

I have been on the line with customer service for close to an hour and they are not aware of the problem impacting many users.  They say that if the recover deleted items doesnt work, there is nothing that can be done.  Help!

Contributor

Two different advanced tech support reps told me that this was a massive server problem and said that folders would be restored when the problem is resolved. I don’t necessarily believe them but it sounds like the person you spoke to had zero information about the situation.
New Poster

I tweeted at Xfinity and they asked me to DM them my info. After doing so they told me to contact the security group. I had already done that. It would be nice if they actually looked into the info I provided before giving a standard answer. They also said the mass issue I was reporting is a Northeast problem and not impacting my area. Excuse me!
Expert

For all-------------there is an ongoing issue with the email.  See this post-------------------

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Email-Folder-Content-Disappeared/m-p/3196191/highli...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Well it appears that made progress with mine. I have my folders back including 6 newly created folders titled “Recovered Lost Inbox”,   “Recovered lost Sent”, etc. seems my other folders restored but not sure everything that was there is still there.  Had a lot of emails stored in folders.. Still checking

Contributor

I got about 25% of my missing folders back this morning - hoping more will return 

New Poster

I am having same issue since 7:35am Feb. 15. They keep saying it's a massive problem... has anyone received their emails?
Contributor

It appears that my emails are back. Good luck to all.

New Poster

Same thing happened to me.  I want my folders back.  HELP!

New Poster

Folders coming back,  as are back dated e-mails ....  Almost there !! 

Regular Visitor

All my inbox emails prior to 2-15 (6000+). Only newer emails getting through Have disappeared. At first support said theres a huge problem they had. Now theres saying they have no way of knowing how or why they disappeared and nothing they can solve. Anyone have a solution?
Contributor

@vmclaughlin226 wrote:
All my inbox emails prior to 2-15 (6000+). Only newer emails getting through Have disappeared. At first support said theres a huge problem they had. Now theres saying they have no way of knowing how or why they disappeared and nothing they can solve. Anyone have a solution?

After getting the run-around since my first call of 2/15, I am now being told  "while we are doing everything within our power to resolve this as quickly as possible, we cannot guarantee that all email folders are able to be restored". So that means they are lost forever, through no fault of our own?