Community Forum

E-mail confirmation

New Poster

E-mail confirmation

Is there a way to cofirm that an e-mail inquiry has been opened on receipt by the addressee? 

Expert

Re: E-mail confirmation

@LeoKathyMcG wrote:

Is there a way to cofirm that an e-mail inquiry has been opened on receipt by the addressee? 

A recipient does not have to acknowledge the read receipt, so even if you send one it's up to the recipient on how they handle it.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: E-mail confirmation

If you are using Comcast's webmail, you can try using a feature called "Read receipts". The older "Zimbra" webmail ("...web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/...") does not support Read receipts, but the newer Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") does. To request a Read receipt in Appsuite, click Options in the Compose window, then "Request read receipt".

Many third party email programs and apps also support Read receipts, but . . .

Read receipts only work if both the sending and the receiving email software support them (many webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users never do). Given the limitations, consider including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.