Community Forum

E-mail Server Issue?

Regular Visitor

E-mail Server Issue?

Anyone else unable to get new E-mails since early this afternoon? Both my phone and the Xfinity website come back with server error messages. The one from the Xfinity webmail site states, “An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.” Help!
Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: E-mail Server Issue?

same issue.  no email since 1:30 PM on 3/15.  Comcast says its a server issue.  still no resolution.  looking at other solutions for email.  very unprofessional and unacceptable

New Poster

I can't either.  Called Xfinity and someone in Advanced Repair Tier 3 was not able to help, and said it would be referred to engineers and could take several days.  Completely unacceptable.  Time to change companies.

New Poster

Strangely, my husband's xfinity/comcast email works, and my secondary xfinity/comcast  email (which auto-forwards to primary email account) works, but my primary email account doesn't work, getting same message ...Error

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
Frequent Visitor

Same here...hvae "chatted" twice to no avail.  Has been escalated to a Tier 2 twice.  Have lost 100K+ emails in my main account.  Just says "no mail" right now and the same email message you guys are getting.  My secondary account works fine.  I went in to Settings on the primary non-working email, and Auto-Forwarded the emails from the bad account, and am now getting this morning's emails in the secondary account.  Right now have just missed the last 18 hours of emails in my main account.

Regular Visitor

Everything seems to be back up and running as of this morning. My hubby’s account remained uneffected the entire time...strange, but happy it is working again! Thanks for all of the replies!
New Poster

I'm having the same issue but never got any server error. It was more like they reset my email account...all messages are lost and only had a Welcome to Xfinity email sitting in my Inbox. I continue to get new emails like I always have but anything from yesterday afternoon or later is gone. Had this account for 15 years with many emails saved into different folders that are also gone. Called Comcast yesterday and they had a message about it being a known issue and they were workign to fix but today no message and the customer service rep couldn't help me because my wife is the primary on the account and my name is not listed on it. She said she would enter a ticket to the engineers and then said they will look at and see "if" they coudl fix it....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! You better fix it! I asked her how would she like if she lost all of her emails and told her next time don't say "if" and say "they will"! I also told her that they should put their "known issue" message back into their phone web tree so fokls know this issue is not resolved. I find it hard to believe that they don't have backup servers saving these email accounts as they can be used in a court of law...RECOVER MY ACCOUNT ALREADY!!

New Poster

I also lost all emails prior to 2:36pm yesterday 3-15-18

New Poster

I have not been able to access my email account since 3/15/18 afternoon and chatted with HELP twice. The last time I was told that they will get in touch when the problem is solved. Fortunatley, I am able to go to the Xfinity web site email account and see it there. I need to be able to access it on my phone and my computer without going to the web. (I have APPLE products) 

Regular Visitor

Has there been any resolution for this issue???? I can not get my emails from the outlook mail since the 15!!!!!!! And I can not send anything either!!!! This is my business email and it is absolutely unacceptable for the amount of money they steal from me every month!!

I need an answer Comcast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Yes, after 4 phone calls and about 3 hr on the phone I was finally able to get my email & folders back.  The technications said there was nothing they could do, but as i persisted and asked for a supervisor, she finally admitted that there were some enginerring updates or something had taken place and she would see what she could do.  As we were speaking all my emails and folders repopulated. Everything is back to normal.

My account that was lost was comcast.net  eveerything on my outlook.com account was not afffeted.

Hope your result is a good one.

rw1151