Community Forum

Drop down Email addresses.

New Poster

Drop down Email addresses.

When I go to forward an Email and click on the "TO" button, the drop down address list has a number of names and email addresses of people or companies that are not in my address book. These names and Email addresses are for people or business's that I only had a one time contact with, and I have no intention of contacting them again. As much as I have tried, I'm unable to get these names and addresses of my friends list. Seems everytime I contact someone not in my address book their name and email address gets added to my drop down list automatically. How can I delete them?

Expert

Re: Drop down Email addresses.

If you are still on the old email format-------------------

The auto-complete feature in the Comcast address book has it's own memory. You can't access it or alter it. Periodically Comcast will re-set accounts, and at that time entries that have been deleted from your address book should vanish. However, they only do that sporadically, on no particular schedule. So those old addresses could keep popping up for quite a while.

Also, when you type an address into the To: Cc: or Bcc: fields, the feature will remember it if you actually send an email to that address, even if it’s not in the address book. It's actually pretty common behavior with webmail accounts.

If you are on the new format, -----------------you have more control. From the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then on Settings>>>>>Mail>>>>Mail Settings. Under Common you will see the option to enable or disable retention of email addresses in the Collected Addresses folder. That folder is found in the address book, and there you can delete contacts that appear in the auto-fill.

New Poster

I turned off the retention box, but the unwanted address's are still there. 

Expert

Did you go into the Collected addresses folder and try to delete them?

New Poster

I had the same problem. Problem sloved.

Open you address book, on the left your should see Address book and under that collected addresses. Open that and high light the address you want gone and on the top hit delete.