Community Forum

Domain name instead of comcast.net in an email

Highlighted
New Poster

Domain name instead of comcast.net in an email

Hello,

So we have a domain name, and I was wondering if there's a comcast service that allows us to set up emails with that domain so that instead of:

gwen@comcast.net

the email is:

gwen@whatchmacallit.net

(neither email is valid, it's just for example purposes)

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Domain name instead of comcast.net in an email

Are you asking if you can send email like that, or if Comcast would host your domain on the existing email platform?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The second one

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Comcast doesn't currently do this (we have in the past for Commercial customers).  I believe if you're a commercial customer, there's a partnership with O365, though I do not know the details.  If you're a Residential customer, you'll need to find a mail hosting company or VPS provider to host your domain.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

If your domain host has access to a mail server you can set up a desktop email client to download your domain email from their server and send it via Comcast.

mady