Community Forum

Does Using Wifi Calling Cause Connection Issues

New Poster

Does Using Wifi Calling Cause Connection Issues

I have an iPhone 8 plus, that uses Verizon for phone and data.  When I'm at camp, there is virtually no Verizon service and I connect to Comcast Wifi and use the Wifi calling feature on my phone.  However on a bright sunny day and in one corner of the house it is possible to get one bar of Verizon service.  When this happens, everything slows down and in some cases doesn't work.  Slow internet speeds, slow text messages and unable to send emails from my phone.  It seems like the phone is not connected to the wifi (even through it shows that it is) and it is trying to run all text and emails through the Verizon service.   Is my problem casued by using the wifi calling on my cell phone? 

Official Employee

Re: Does Using Wifi Calling Cause Connection Issues

Hi there, rimer117.

I apologize for you having issues with the wifi. Sometimes it will show connected, but the login to your account to access the WiFi hotspot is not completed. 

Are you logged in through the portal that pops up when you are connected? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Does Using Wifi Calling Cause Connection Issues

Hello, 

I wanted to swing by and touch base one more time to make sure you have been taken care off. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!