Community Forum

Delivery Status Notification

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Delivery Status Notification

I replied to an email that I received from a company that I had business with; an email reply was sent, by me, on 4/5/19, and since then I have been receiving from :

mailer-daemon@comcast.net

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 6.7 hour(s):

Reason: Temporary Failure

I have received 3 on Saturday and 2 yesterday.   

Other than putting them in Spam, why so many? how do I stop them?

TIA

bj

Expert

Re: Delivery Status Notification

Most email systems will attempt to deliver an email until a certain period of time has elapsed.  There is no way for you to stop them.  Just wait it out and at some point it will just stop.  That type of error indicates something is wrong at their end, so you have no control over it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Delivery Status Notification

@Latoque wrote:

Most email systems will attempt to deliver an email until a certain period of time has elapsed.  There is no way for you to stop them.  Just wait it out and at some point it will just stop.  That type of error indicates something is wrong at their end, so you have no control over it.

Hi Latoque,

Thanks for the reply.  I've only seen one time notices of delivery failure and this one threw me for a loop.    

ciao, bj