Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Deleting messages while reading mail - Go to Next Message Option?

New Poster

Deleting messages while reading mail - Go to Next Message Option?

When I'm reading my email and delete a message, I am automatically redirected to my Inbox rather than moving on to the next message. I can't seem to find a way to change that.  Is it possible?  It's very annoying to have to open-read-delete-open next every time.

New Poster

Re: Deleting messages while reading mail - Go to Next Message Option?

Good question.  I would like to know the answer.  Very frustrating. 

Knock, Knock, can anybody help? Thanks. 

Expert

@mnmsjny wrote:

When I'm reading my email and delete a message, I am automatically redirected to my Inbox rather than moving on to the next message. I can't seem to find a way to change that.  Is it possible?  It's very annoying to have to open-read-delete-open next every time.

Expert

@mnmsjny wrote:

It sounds like you are using the "List' view of the message list.  Try switching to either Horizontal or Vertical view.

New Poster

Thank you for your response but I like the list view and would prefer to have the option to go to the next message instead of back to the inbox.  Looking for a way to change this feature not change my viewing option.  Thanks.

Expert

@kaltland wrote:

Thank you for your response but I like the list view and would prefer to have the option to go to the next message instead of back to the inbox.  Looking for a way to change this feature not change my viewing option.  Thanks.

Then I'm afraid you're out of luck.  That is the default behavior in the List view, and there is nothing in the settings that would let you change it.  You might consider enabling the account in a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Outlook where you might have better control over that feature.  No guarantees.

New Poster

I think I already knew the answer before it was asked but I thought maybe I overlooked something.  Thank you so much for your help, Latoque.  Have a wonderful day. 

New Poster

Thanks Latoque. Like kaltland I prefer using the list view. I usually do use a mail client while handling my mail, but I do like using the web version when I can't do that so I can weed out messages. Really disappointed that this feature no longer exists. Smiley Sad