Community Forum

Deleting large groups of email that are clogging up the server

Regular Visitor

Deleting large groups of email that are clogging up the server

You need a way to alphabetize the sender in an email, so we can delete junk mail quickly. I can see no way then, to delete emails on the server quickly.
I make a check in a "All" , then it SLOWLY GOES DOWN line by line, as I tap the down arrow. Then it will only delete about 50 at a time. It takes several minutes for every 50 deleted. Then your system spins and spins, before it is ready to do the tedious process again.
No wonder your server is full. This is ridiculous!!!! Hate this!!!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Deleting large groups of email that are clogging up the server

At the top of the message list click on "Sort by", and then on "From".  That will sort your senders alphabetically.  There are different ways to delete larger numbers of emails.  If you right-click on the folder in the left pane, you will see the option to empty it.  Or, you can click on one, hold down the Shift key and scroll down as far as you like and click on another one to "select" everything in between, then hit the trashcan icon in the toolbar.  Or, you could run a search for a particular sender, and then delete the search results.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Deleting large groups of email that are clogging up the server

Hi @raualc7645

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forum to share your feedback. The information provided by @Latoque is correct. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!