Community Forum

Deleting items in Spam folder doesn't work

Contributor

Deleting items in Spam folder doesn't work

I've noticed that I can delete items in the Spam folder only once a day, ususally when I first access the Xfinity email web site. Any subsequent attempts to delete spam do not work. The items remain in the folder, and I must delete them manually. Yes, spam filtering is enabled. Is this a bug, or is it by design? If it's a bug, can you fix it? If it's by design, you need to hire a new team of developers and usability analysts.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Deleting items in Spam folder doesn't work

I am unable to duplicate this phenomenon.  If I delete something from Spam it's just gone.  How are you accessing your email?  With only the webmail interface and a browser?  If so, have you tried refreshing the page, or clearing history?  Does it happen using a different browser?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Deleting items in Spam folder doesn't work

Works fine using mobile site. I don’t use the iPhone app because it’s junk. Still doesn’t work using webmail in Firefox. Yes, I’ve cleared my cache.