Community Forum

Deleting bulk emails 6+ months

New Poster

Deleting bulk emails 6+ months

How can I delete emails quickly, that are 6months and older?

Expert

Re: Deleting bulk emails 6+ months

Depending on how many you are talking about, there are different ways to approach mass deletions.  If you want to clear out a folder, right-click on it and you will see the option to empty it.  Or, you could do a search for a date range, then delete all the search results.  Or, you can click on one message to select it, then hold down the Shift key and scroll down until you get to the last one and click on that to select everything in between, and delete them all.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do I delete 4 years of comcast/xfinity emails at once

Expert

@landshark3 wrote:

How do I delete 4 years of comcast/xfinity emails at once

Assuming they are all in the same folder, you can right-click on that folder and then select "Delete all lmessages" from the menu that appears.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

To delete old emails by date - oldest to newest

Sort file folder - ascending order by date

If you don't scroll down you will be able to delete only 50 emails at a time

Scroll down (you can delete 1,000;s) to approximately date you want to delete

Highlight by opening an email

Do a contol - A - this highlights emails and will return the number of emails hightlighted

Delete Hightlighted emails with icon or Right click and delete

I have not figured out how to contol the exact number and date of the newest email that is deleted.

New Poster

Deleting groups of Comcast emails at a time
Expert

@Richard2222 wrote:
Deleting groups of Comcast emails at a time

In addition to the scrolling method described above, you could run a date range search and then delete the results.  Use a range like 01/01/2019-06/31/2019.  The search field is on top of the folders pane.