Community Forum

Deleting an email account

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Deleting an email account

How do I delete an email account?

Expert

Re: Deleting an email account

You want to delete what email account?  From where?  Do you mean a Comcast email account or something else?  If you are referring to your primary Comcast account, you can't delete it.  It is your sign-in credential.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

You can make a new Secondary account, call and promote it to Primary, and then delete the old primary.

Your question is vague so I am not sure that helps. 

Tek
Official Employee

Greetings, jippo! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand needing to get rid of an email address you no longer wish to use. What Latoque and Tek have mentioned is correct. You wouldn't be able to delete your primary account without making a 2nd account and then promoting to the primary account user name. However, if you're just looking to get rid of a 2nd email address you should be able to do so from the following link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/delete-username-from-account

If you still find yourself needing assistance, feel free to shoot me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, jippo. I have not heard back from you and hope you were able to get your issue resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.