Community Forum

Deleting Primary User

New Poster

Deleting Primary User

My account was opened in my husband's name (primary user) with me as secondary.  He is now deceased.  I have called Comcast and told them to make me the primary user.  All that has changed is they send their bill to my name.  His e-mail address is still active and he was still listed as the primary user.  I figured out how to make me the primary and forward his mail to me.  How can I delete his name so that there is no confusion when I try to change things in "settings."

Expert

Re: Deleting Primary User

See it this sorts it out for you.  I assume you have his password----------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-your-primary-account-user

Official Employee

Hello rendirr1, since you're now the account holder you can call in and request that his username be deleted or you can request to have his password reset to his username so that you can access the account under his credentials. From that point you can make your username the primary or control the account with his information. If you need assistance in doing this, please call 1-800-COMCAST. 

Regular Visitor

Yes, I have his password.  I must have missed the "delete" option when the primary and secondary names appeared.  His name is mostly gone.  It still appears as the account holder but as long as I can make changes in settings as the primary and he doesn't get any more e-mail, I'm fine.  Thank you!

Official Employee

You're welcome, you may want to go to a local store and get the name changed to yours to avoid issues in the future. Have a good day.