Community Forum

Deleted emails keep moving from trash back to inbox

New Poster

Deleted emails keep moving from trash back to inbox

This started about two weeks ago.  At first it was intermitten, now it is every time I log in, and it has gotten down right irritating! 

I go through my email and move then to the trash then close my email.  The next time I log in to check my email, all of the emails have moved from the trash back to my inbox.  The only way to keep this from happening is to empty the trash folder every time I am in the system. 

Unfortunately, I usually forget this step, so I am stuck deleting hundreds of emails - AGAIN.  I have never had this issue in the past. 

Can somebody please shed some light on why this is happening, and what needs to be done to correct the issue?

Thanks!!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Deleted emails keep moving from trash back to inbox

Are you only using Xfinity Connection or do you also use an email client (eg.  Outlook, phone,etc.)  Are your settings set to using the Imap server?

New Poster

I use xfinity connect on multiple devices.  Not sure what you mean about the settings you referred to. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Expert

@Fyredude wrote:

I use xfinity connect on multiple devices.  Not sure what you mean about the settings you referred to. Any help is greatly appreciated.

On all the devices are you using a desktop email client or mail app?  If so, is the account enabled in them using IMAP?  That is one of the two available email protocols.  If you let the apps auto-configure the account for you, it should be in IMAP since Comcast accounts are IMAP compliant by default.  So you need to check each one to see if that is the case.  With IMAP everything is synced across the different devices.  If one or more of them is using POP3, nothing will sync.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@Fyredude wrote: 

Hello Fyredude, and thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this concern on our forum. I am more than happy to address this for you but it looks like (Latoque) has answered your question. If you're signed into a third part email client such as Outlook, Mac mail, etc the email won't sync the correct way which is why your deleted emails are coming back to your inbox. If you're not sure if your email i registered with another email client then I would consider changing the password for your email account and that way you will be able to have everything synced with just IMAP, thus resolving your issue. Feel free to reach back out to me here or via private message if you need further assistance, I am happy to help. To send a private message click on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Fyredude, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.