Community Forum

Deleted e-mails?

Highlighted
New Poster

Deleted e-mails?

How can I extend the length of time that deleted e-mails can be retained?

Expert

Re: Deleted e-mails?

First, when you delete something it should be in the Trash folder for two weeks.  After that it drops into the "Deleted items" folder which is hidden, and stays there for about another 30 days.  To look at it, right-click on the Trash folder and you will see a menu with that option.  Click on that and you will be able to recover anything still in that folder.  Other than that your  only recourse would be to not send emails to Trash, but to another local folder you create or already have.  Only Spam and Trash are subject to a deletion schedule.  Emails will remain until you delete them in all other folders.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you!

Official Employee

Thank you for choosing this method of support, we appreciate it! Glad to see you've already gotten the necessary support here within the community. Latoque is awesome. Smiley Happy Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!