Community Forum

Delete from Trash Folder

New Poster

Delete from Trash Folder

I was under the understanding that after 30 days items would be automatically deleted.  This is not happening so I wondered if there was a setting or something I missed

Expert

Re: Delete from Trash Folder

Emails should drop out of the Trash folder 14 days from the time they were deleted, and not from the date on the email.  So you could easily have emails in Trash that have dates that are much older.  Does that explain what you are seeing?  From Comcast---------------

Spam is stored for 7 days or 2,000 messages, whichever comes first
Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first

After they drop out of Trash, they go into the Recovery folder for about 30 days, then drop out permanently.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do I access the recovery folder. I am looking to find an email i deleted less

than 30 days ago.

Expert

@sparky121 wrote:

How do I access the recovery folder. I am looking to find an email i deleted less

than 30 days ago.

Click on the Trash folder to select it, and to the right click on the "hamburger" icon.  You will see a small menu and one of the choices is "Recover deleted items".  Click on that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, mikew123 and sparky121. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

It looks like Latoque has already made a really good suggestion. Please let us know if you were able to use the recovery folder to retrieve the emails you were looking for or if you need further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been receiving a lot of unwanted "ads" and have MOVED them into Trash.

Could that be why they aren't deleted--is the 'date moved' the same as the 'date read'?

On 11/20 I deleted a large number of items, today I looked and I have e-mails dated 11/21 in my Trash folder.

?????

Official Employee

mikew123,

14 days in the Trash folder is an approximate day. It is possible for it to take a little longer for the items in that folder to be removed.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.