Community Forum

Delete email addresses in autofill

New Poster

Delete email addresses in autofill

How do I delete email addresses in the autofill section when composing an email.  I have tried selecting it and saying remove address but it is still there when I type again.

Expert

Re: Delete email addresses in autofill

On the Inbox page, click on "Address book" to open it.  On the landing page click on "Collected addresses" in the left folder pane.  There you can delete any entries you want to.  Also, you can turn that feature on or off in your preferences;  click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Inbox page, then on Settings and in the left pane click on "Mail".  Scroll down to "Common" and you will see the options.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Unfortunately, the addresses that I wish to delete do not show up in either address book list.

Anywhere else to look?  

When I select the address book when composing an email, I can select the invalid addresses, but the only options available are 'Select', 'Cancel', and 'Clear Selection'.

Expert

@patricia_enc wrote:

Unfortunately, the addresses that I wish to delete do not show up in either address book list.

Anywhere else to look?  

When I select the address book when composing an email, I can select the invalid addresses, but the only options available are 'Select', 'Cancel', and 'Clear Selection'.

How are you accessing your email?  The instructions I had posted upthread apply if you are using your browser and the webmail interface.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!