Community Forum

Copy and Paste

New Poster

Copy and Paste

I cannot copy and paste into comcast emails without using Ctrl V. This is very annoying. I do not have this issue when I use other noncomcast related emails. This has been going on for at least 6 months.  Previously, I did not have an issue.  I called Comcast support and they checked by email setups both basic and advanced which were set properly. 

This is the message that I get:

"Please use CTRL+V/Cmd Keyboard shortcuts to paste contents"

Expert

Re: Copy and Paste

How are you trying to copy and paste?  I just tried it using the Chrome Edit menu and it works just fine for me.

New Poster

I am using windows 10.  I just accessed and copied something from Google Chrome browser and attempted to paste within Comcast Email Server and got same error message to use CTRL V.

Expert

I cannot duplicate the issue you are describing using either a Mac or my Windows 10 laptop, and both with Chrome.  Do you have the latest version of Chrome?  It's up to v64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit) now.  Are you using the right-click drop-down menu, or are you going to the Copy and Paste commands in the More elipse?

New Poster

I am using the right click functionality on my mouse.  Just tried copying and pasting within Outlook (Hotmail) with no problem.  Whenever I try this within

comcast email server, I get the message to use CTRL V.

Expert

Try clearing out Chrome's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close it out and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

New Poster

Thanks for your suggestions.  I opened a new sign on for my comcast email account within Google Chrome.  Now the comcast email server will allow me to "paste" from articles or websites that I viewed and "copied" from Google Chrome.

However, if I access from "microsoft edge" the comcast email server still requires me to use CTRL V.  

Anyways, thanks again.  I guess it is something in my set-up, however, the comcast tehcnical service rep was unable to solve my problem when I called earlier last week.

New Poster

LOL.  After posting my last comment I received a brief survey concerning the Comcast Open Forum.  I gave positive remarks and submitted survery and recieved the following message:

"The survey could not be submitted"