Community Forum

Continue to receive threatening emails .

Regular Visitor

Continue to receive threatening emails .

I Keep receiving emails that say they have my old password from a year ago and webcam video, etc. First of all I don't have a webcam nor a personal computer. They are threatening to release these videos if I don't send them money. I know it's a scam 100% , but it's so annoying.. Other companies let you block these emails, can't Comcast do the same?? Ugh I don't want to change my email account, but I may have to.. These scammers Our relentless..
Expert

Re: Continue to receive threatening emails .

Have you tried setting up a filter to block them?  Are they always coming from the same email address?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes same email account
Expert

@Mrsde105 wrote:
Yes same email account

OK then, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and then on Settings.  On the landing page you will see "Filter rules" in the left pane.  Click on that and follow the prompts.  You can set up a filter for an email address and there are a number of optional actions you can set it for like just deleting it,  or moving it to Trash or some other folder and so on.  After you are done with the filter, sign out of the account and back in again to get it to "take".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks , I will try that!!
Official Employee

Thank you for your post and please feel free to create another if you are still needing assistance going forward.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.