Community Forum

Comcast pop up ad blocking access to email

Frequent Visitor

Comcast pop up ad blocking access to email

On Thursday (12/28/17), Comcast upgraded one of my email accounts to a new format, complete with a Comcast pop up box telling me all about the new format.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have an "x" or "-" to remove the pop up box and has been blocking access to my email ever since.  I've chatted with Comcast twice since and they were unable to fix it and said it was being referred to a higher level of tech help.  Since I have no access to my email and nobody from Comcast has called back, I've done some of the things the original techs advised me to do, all without it being fixed.  I've unplugged/replugged my ethernet cord, shut off both the modem/router and reset each a couple of times, used CC cleaner to clear stuff, run Malwarebytes, tried another browser.  The last tech wanted me to shut down the email account but since the pop up box won't let me have access to the email account, all I've been able to do is shut the page.   I strongly suspect that it's a programming error, as in the programmer neglected to add a way to remove the pop up box, but nobody at Comcast gets that and I'm still without access to that account.   Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix this???

Expert

Re: Comcast pop up ad blocking access to email

I'm going to escalate this as it seems you can't fix it yourself.  Question-------do you have the pop-up blocker enabled in your browser?

Official Employee

eladee, yes rebooting your modem and unplugging your ethernet cord won't resolve a coding error. I'll take a closer look. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.

Frequent Visitor

I received a call from customer service and the current fix is to hit the escape button.  Now that another of my accounts has gone to the new format, it too has the same issue but I just use the escape button to access the account.  It may not be a permanent fix but after having no access to my email for 4-5 days, it works.

Frequent Visitor

I think I do but that's not the issue.  It is temporarily fixed by hitting the esc button.  I also have another Comcast email account and the same thing happens.  As I said, I suspect it's a programming error...

New Poster

I am also having this problem.  The ad blocks files; no way to close it.

Expert

1.)  Make sure you have the pop-up blocker enabled in your browser settings.

2.)  Install an ad blocker add-on for your browser.  A good one is Adblock Plus.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.