Community Forum

Comcast.net Email and POP3

New Poster

Comcast.net Email and POP3

Yesterday 12/10/18 my pop3 email on Microsoft Outlook 2007 stop working.  I reconfigured Outlook to receive imap email.  Now functions in outlook no longer work.  I had my junk mail folder set up to receive emails that I have chosen.  That no longer works.  IE when I now receive an email that use to go to my junk folder now stay in the inbox.  When I set that email to go to the junk folder it goes into the junk folder on the server.  That's not what I want.  When I delete an email in the inbox the subject line is lined through.  Before, it went into my delete folder.  If I drag it to my delete folder it is permanently deleted.  I saw a post from TerriB dated 2016.  Wondering if she found a work around as she also was not liking imap.

Expert

Re: Comcast.net Email and POP3


@rcdan wrote:

Yesterday 12/10/18 my pop3 email on Microsoft Outlook 2007 stop working.  I reconfigured Outlook to receive imap email.  Now functions in outlook no longer work.  I had my junk mail folder set up to receive emails that I have chosen.  That no longer works.  IE when I now receive an email that use to go to my junk folder now stay in the inbox.  When I set that email to go to the junk folder it goes into the junk folder on the server.  That's not what I want.  When I delete an email in the inbox the subject line is lined through.  Before, it went into my delete folder.  If I drag it to my delete folder it is permanently deleted.  I saw a post from TerriB dated 2016.  Wondering if she found a work around as she also was not liking imap.


For POP3 you should have changed your settings to what is in this post.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Comcast.net Email and POP3

I saw that post first thing this morning and it did not work.  I tried again this afternoon and it works except I still get the banner asking for a nework password.  My other computer with a different email address works with port number 110.  Sometimes it also gets the banner.

New Poster

Re: Comcast.net Email and POP3

I have the same problem. Mine stopped working on 12/12/18.

Expert

Re: Comcast.net Email and POP3


@confused19 wrote:

I have the same problem. Mine stopped working on 12/12/18.


Did you try the settings found in the link I posted above?


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Comcast.net Email and POP3

I just upgraded Android phones.  Trying to set Gmail to the same email settings that worked on my older phone. Outgoing settings say they're OK.  Incoming I keep getting "couldn't open connection to server" with these settings:

 

 

Server: pop3.comcast.net

Port: 995

Security type: SSL/TLS

 

Those look like the official current ones.

Expert

Re: Comcast.net Email and POP3


@MaxineMR wrote:

I just upgraded Android phones.  Trying to set Gmail to the same email settings that worked on my older phone. Outgoing settings say they're OK.  Incoming I keep getting "couldn't open connection to server" with these settings:

 

 

Server: pop3.comcast.net

Port: 995

Security type: SSL/TLS

 

Those look like the official current ones.


If you're trying to download GMAIL to your phone you would need to use the settings for Gmail, not for comcast.net.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!