Community Forum

Comcast is blocking Nextdoor.com emails!

Official Employee

Re: Comcast is blocking Nextdoor.com emails!

@xfin_issues I'm sorry, are you also having problems with NextDoor, or something else?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

In March of 2018 I suddently stopped being able to get any postings from Nextdoor.com,  I had not changed any settings and comcast assures me they had done nothing to change anything.  Well, the exact date of my last email from Nextdoor was the same date I spoke to an Agent regarding an issue, I can't even remember now what it was, but as the Agent was getting ready to end the call he asked if there was anything else he could do to help me.  I said, sure, tell me how to stop these Spam emails, he said 'no problem', I can take care of that.  So, he did whatever it was he did, and he said that's taken care of.  I wondered, how would he be able to tell what was Spam for me but maybe not for someone else, but at the time I was just happy to , I thought, stop receiving emails from companies that I didn't want to be bothered with.  Now, this is all the exact date, so of course I called Comcast asking what the Agent had done, well theytell me that Comcast did absolutely Nothing, and in fact supposedly had no record of  me even speaking with an Agent that day.  Well, I say, they are definitely wrong, they did do something to change my email settings.  I have tried everything and I still cannot receive any emails from Nextdoor.  With one exception only,  if someone sends out a post marked "Urgent", it comes through.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Official Employee

@darma I'll send you a PM to see if we can get some more details, and get this resolved.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have the same problem as you are having.  Have spent countless hours talking to comcast representatives that was time wasted.  They claim they are not blocking emails from Nextdoor but obviously they are, at least in my case.  The same day that my emails from Nextdoor stopped coming to my email account I had spent time on the phone witha comcast rep, regarding something??, don't remember now what it was.  At the end of our conversation he asked if there was anything else I needed help with.  I did say, kind of joking, that I wish they could do something to stop all the emails I got from Spam......he said sure, we can take care of that.  I wondered, but didn't ask, how do they know what I considered Spam compared to what they thought Spam emails were.  From that moment on I have never been able to receive an email from Nextdoor.  But, they claim they did not have anything to do with blocking Nextdoor.  Too much of a coincidence for them not to have been responsible.  Then they told me they had no record of my ever talking with a representative on that day.  Truly upsets me and as far as I am concerned they are just lying to me,  for what reason I do not know.

Official Employee

darma, did you get a private message from our CSA team (see their post above)? They are the dedicated team to resolve the domain blocking you're experiencing.

Let me know! 

Do you have an active spam filter in the email section of XFINITY Connect app suite? You'll want to enable that filter and make sure it saves a copy whenever spam comes in.