Community Forum

Comcast is blocking Nextdoor.com emails!

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is blocking Nextdoor.com emails!

How to get emails "unblocked".  I've been getting Nextdoor.com emails for years, now I'm having major problems.  Nextdoor "reactivates" my account with them and I briefly get emails and then they stop coming.  Nextdoor says comcast is blocking them.  I spent 3 + hours on the phone today with Comcast today to no avail!  Nextdoor told me to use yahoo or g mail.  I really don't want to do that.  Been with Comcast 20+ years.  This is so frustrating.  What to do?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Comcast is blocking Nextdoor.com emails!

Are the messages in your webmail Spam folder? If not, check your Spam settings. Make sure that "Enable spam filtering" and "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" are both selected (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience).

If the settings are correct and an employee doesn't take care of this for you here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Frequent Visitor

I have already done (many times) everything you suggested.  No, the Nextdoor emails are not in m spam folder.  My settings are correct and I spent nearly 5 hours (yes you read that right) on hold yesterday with Comcast security escalation at the number you listed.  I called 4 different times and was on hold, with no one ever answering, for over and hour each time.  Beyond frustrating.   Still not getting Nextdoor emails.  Ready to think about dumping Comcast!  Judy

Expert

@judyrutko wrote:

I have already done (many times) everything you suggested.  No, the Nextdoor emails are not in m spam folder.  My settings are correct and I spent nearly 5 hours (yes you read that right) on hold yesterday with Comcast security escalation at the number you listed.  I called 4 different times and was on hold, with no one ever answering, for over and hour each time.  Beyond frustrating.   Still not getting Nextdoor emails.  Ready to think about dumping Comcast!  Judy

Before you choose the nuclear option, do you have another email address from some other email provider like Yahoo or Gmail or something you can give to that sender until you get Comcast sorted out?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

No my problem is not solved although I spent hours on the phone with Comcast yesterday.  My last call to the security department lasted forever and when the agent went to tranfer me to "a higher authority", she disconnected me and didn't  call me back.   And no I do not have another email provider.

Official Employee

judyrutko,

I looked through the past few days, and we did mark a small percentage of mail from Nextdoor as spam.  That being said, none of those messages appeared to be destined for your Inbox.  Can you confirm you're receiving the messages at this point?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

No my problem is not fixed.  I am still not getting Nextdoor emails.  Beyond frustrating and trying to call Comcast Security Assurance number is a joke.  In total I've been on hold over 8 hours.  Yes you read that right.  A CSA tier 3 representative was suppose to call me back and never did.  I just tried calling again and I'm on hold!  Really ridiculous.

Official Employee

judyrutko - 

Thank you for reaching out, I would love to have the opportunity to look into this further with you. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to reach Comcast Ally.  Followed your instructions to email you and I had no idea how to do it.  I clicked on your name and I got your reviews!  Why is Comcast blocking any Nextdoor emails???  Do NOT block any Nextdoor emails they are not spam. I'm still, after 2 weeks of complaining and hours and hours on hold, not getting Nextdoor emails!  <Removed private information>.

Official Employee

judyrutko - 

This is still a public message, but I've edited out your private information. When you click "ComcastAlly" do you not see the option that says "Send a Message" to the right of my name? 

Frequent Visitor

Well, after being contacted by a Comcast representative (Comcast Ally) and sending multiple private messages with basically all the info that is on this forum and wasting another hour of my time with Comcast (think 2 weeks and over 8+ hours of being on hold with the CSA department, now ad an hour with Comcast Ally), below is the end result!!!!  Yikes, no help whatsoever, just a total wast of my time.

Says Comcast Ally: After reviewing this further, the CSA department would need to be contacted again. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, remote troubleshooting will not resolve this issue.

Official Employee

judyrutko - 

I do appreciate you talking with me in a PM. CSA would need to review this further with you, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please reach out again if you have additional questions. 

Official Employee

Could you see if you're getting the messages now?

Frequent Visitor

NO!  My problem with Comcast was not fixed.  After 2 weeks, I gave up and switched from Comcast to another email provider.

Official Employee

Is there still an active NextDoor registration using your comcast.net address?

Frequent Visitor

As far as I know yes. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm not getting the Nextdoor emails either; it's bizarre. Comcast, have you blocked their domain for some reason? This seems absurd.

Official Employee

No, in fact the opposite.  Over the past two weeks, I don't show any attempts to deliver messages to your email address from NextDoor, almost like they unsubscribed your email address.

Official Employee

dawnerichards: The ESP (company that sends email on behalf of NextDoor) said that they received a spam complaint from you on Oct 12th.  When that happens, they add you to a "suppression list" so that you do not receive further messages.  I've asked them to remove your address from that list.

judyrutko: The same ESP is not showing any attempts in the past 30 days to deliver messages to your address.  I asked them to look farther back to see if you'd ever been subscribed.  I'll need to wait to hear back from them before I can give you any more feedback.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks and that is bizarre - I never submitted a spam complaint. Also, there are dozens of people on Nextdoor saying they're not getting their emails, so I wonder if Nextdoor itself has some sort of issue. Thanks for following up!

Official Employee

I can't say what happened, just that is what they have on record.  It's quite possible the same thing has happened to some other folks.  I understand why the ESP takes that action, but it's really hard for an end-user to rectify that situation unfortunately.

Frequent Visitor

I NEVER requeted that Nextdoor be a "spam" email.  Never ever!!!

Frequent Visitor

I get the feeling that the problem is partly within Nextdoor somehow. Mine is fixed now, so I'm relieved about that. But in a somewhat related event, Nextdoor has a big red banner across the top every time I access it saying they haven't been able to verify my email address, and asking if I want them to resend the verification email. I've now re-verified two or three times, and that banner still sits there.

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately even though you "asked" to have my email unblocked, I am STILL NOT getting emails from Nextdoor.

Official Employee

@judyrutko I haven't requested yours be unblocked yet, because they were unable to find a record of your subscription over the past 30 days.  I asked them to look farther back in history to see if you were ever subscribed.  I need to wait for them to complete this task, but from our side, we're not blocking NextDoor messages to your account.

Frequent Visitor

What??? I've been on Nextdoor.com and have been receiving emails for over 2 years from Nextdoor.com  with my Comcast email. Everything was fine until 3 weeks ago.  You previously said they received a request from me to mark Nextdoor as spam! Which I did not do.  Just unblock me from your end.  This is totally messed up and I'm beyond annoyed.  Judy

Frequent Visitor

You're saying "I'm not subcribed"????  Subscribed to what?  Comcast, Nextdoor?  I have no clue.  I AM a comcast email user and I've been getting Nextdoor emails, up to 3 weeks ago, for 2 years!  Such aggravation.

Frequent Visitor

In an email you sent me today you said "you have NOT yet  requested them (esp) to remove my email from the do not send list for Nextdoor emails.  And yet in the email below that you sent me days ago you said you did ask them to remove my name from the do not send list.  Which one is it?  You're not helping just adding to the confusion.  See below:

dawnerichards: The ESP (company that sends email on behalf of NextDoor) said that they received a spam complaint from you on Oct 12th.  When that happens, they add you to a "suppression list" so that you do not receive further messages.  I've asked them to remove your address from that list.

judyrutko: The same ESP is not showing any attempts in the past 30 days to deliver messages to your address.  I asked them to look farther back to see if you'd ever been subscribed.  I'll need to wait to hear back from them before I can give you any more feedback.

Official Employee

@judyrutko If you look at that message, I prefaced each set of statements with the intended recipient.  One for you, and one for "dawnerichards".  The other account has been resolved, but yours is proving to be more tricky.

I need to wait to hear back from the ESP for NextDoor as they said they have no records of any delivery attempts to the email address associated with the UID you're using to post on this forum.  I've asked them to look further back in their history, and perhaps check with NextDoor.  We are not blocking NextDoor emails to your account, we're just simply not receiving any attempts from them to deliver to your account.  I'm trying to get this resolved for you, but I don't have access to the data at the ESP or NextDoor, and I'll need to wait for their response.  I'm sorry this is taking longer than it should, and I've noted this cumbersome process to industry colleagues in the past.  It's harder than it should be for Providers (Comcast, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc) to get in touch with Brands and ESPs to find out why they've stopped delivering to a recipient.  I'll reach out to the ESP again in a bit and see if they were able to find any additional information.

Official Employee

@judyrutko

The ESP got back to me, and said they've removed the "block" on your Comcast email address.  Could you please confirm you've started to receive messages from them at your comcast.net address?

Frequent Visitor

NO I have NOT starting receiving Nextdoor emails at my Comcast email address, which is the only one I use.  Now what??  Judy Rutkowski

Official Employee

I'm going to move this to Private Message so I don't disclose any sensitive details.  When we reach a resolution, I'll post what the solution was for others that may be interested.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Have checked and double-checked all settings both on xfinity and nextdoor.com

Frequent Visitor

After a month and at least 20 emails to Comcast and Nextdoor, I've been told it is Nextdoor's issue.  Comcast is not blocking Nextdoor's emails.  Nextdoor has a "new" notification policy and Nextdoor now decides what emails (posts) you get, even though Nextdoor still has the option of letting you choose what neighborhoods and posts you want.  Nextdoor told me I will only get posts from my neighborhood and that I should go to the Nextdoor website to read the posts.  I told them that was totally unsatisfactory and to go back to the old policy.  I'm still NOT getting Nextdoor emails.

New Poster

It's ridiculous that you should have to visit the site to get email responses to your own posts. At this point, I'm not receiving any emails from NextDoor - I have to visit the site to do anything.

Frequent Visitor

That’s exactly what happened to me. For almost a month I got no emails from Nextdoor. Their customer support is pathetic. First they said Comcast was blocking their emails to me. Comcast investigated and assured me they were not blocking Nexfdoor emails. In fact there’s were no emails coming from Nextdoor to me to block, This totally Nextdoor problem. Beyond aggravating.

Official Employee

@Jilljn

I'm going to send you a PM to get some details to ensure this is the same scenario as judyrutko had described.