Community Forum

Comcast has started blocking e-mails that I want to receive

New Poster

Comcast has started blocking e-mails that I want to receive

In the last few months, I started noticing that I am no longer getting e-mails from companies that I want to receive emails from. Is there any way to remedy this?

Expert

Re: Comcast has started blocking e-mails that I want to receive

Check to see if they are going to your Spam folder.  If it's not that, then call Comcast security and see if there is a blocking issue for the sender's domain-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I noticed that sometimes I accidentally put e-mails into the spam folder instead of the trash folder. When I notice them in the spam folder I take them out and put them back into the Inbox. Those seem to be the e-mails I no longer get. It seems like there should be a way to remove the spam designation from those emails. Comcast never puts the true spam into the folder so I do that myself and yet I continue to get the real spam emails. This is messed up.

Expert

@mylesmom wrote:

I noticed that sometimes I accidentally put e-mails into the spam folder instead of the trash folder. When I notice them in the spam folder I take them out and put them back into the Inbox. Those seem to be the e-mails I no longer get. It seems like there should be a way to remove the spam designation from those emails. Comcast never puts the true spam into the folder so I do that myself and yet I continue to get the real spam emails. This is messed up.

When you mark something as Spam, it usually takes a lot of such markings before the Spam filters would start snagging it consistently.  Putting them back into the Inbox would have the opposite effect.  But again, it could take time.  If Spam does get to the Inbox, just keep marking it to help "train" the filters.  You should find this of interest-------------------------

https://askleo.com/what_happens_when_i_mark_something_as_spam/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=Ja6LBKrzt3dfbL

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!