Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Comcast email

New Poster

Comcast email

I suddenly stopped being able to send or receive email through my comcast account on my macbook.  I have had this problem before and have been able to fixt it, but not this time.  I decided to send and receive email online through my xfinity account until I had more time to solve the problem.  Now, I can receive but not send email through the online page.  I have no idea why.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast email

I have this same problem. I use the xfinity connect web page to send/receive e-mail, but I can only receive and not send from my macbook. I did see another thread with a few people that have this problem. The only way I can get mine to work is to click send, wait a few minutes while it is moved to the draft folder, and then open the e-mail using my Xfinity e-mail app and send from the draft folder there. This is a pain in the butt!

Expert

@eleibly wrote:

I suddenly stopped being able to send or receive email through my comcast account on my macbook.  I have had this problem before and have been able to fixt it, but not this time.  I decided to send and receive email online through my xfinity account until I had more time to solve the problem.  Now, I can receive but not send email through the online page.  I have no idea why.  

Are you using Mac Mail with your Comcast account?  Exactly what happens when you try to send an email?  Are you getting any error message?

New Poster

Yes, I am using MacMail with my comcast account. I have had this problem previously, and have always been able to solve it, or it resolved itself.  I began accessing my email through xfinity.com, then that stopped sending also.  There is no message through that medium, but through MacMail I get "Can't connect to the account comcast.net" with a request to enter a password.  Then it says that my password can not be verified.

Thanks.

Expert

I don't have my iMac with me.  So I'm going off memory here, but you have to have the password set for both the incoming and outgoing servers.  Did you do that?  If not, see if this helps------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9a7OLyYbM

New Poster

Thank you, yes, I have tried that, ans did so again.  In mail preferences when I edit my server list, it says the outgoing mail server is offline.  The incoming server is online.