Community Forum

Comcast email down and out

New Poster

Comcast email down and out

I haven’t received any emails via Comcast since nov 8. All settings for apple are correct. Have been on the phone with techs for almost 2 weeks now and cannot get anyone to solve the problem. It’s definitely a Comcast issue and the engineering department cannot seem to make this a high priority even though techs say they have made this issue the highest priority. Has anyone else ever had Comcast email just quit all of the sudden. If so any fixes?
Expert

Re: Comcast email down and out

Can you get your email normally using only the webmail UI and a browser?  Can you send OK?  I'm using Mac Mail on an iMac and I can get my Comcast email just fine with it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I cannot get it through webmail. Comcast techs have sent numerous test messages through webmail and none have come through.

Comcast is the only email service that I cannot send or recieve emails.

Expert

How are you trying to send emails?  When you try, are you getting any error messages?  If so what do they say?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have had no email since 11/16.  I have also been on the phone with security - ever single day. They also say it is a priority but I am getting nowhere.  This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.  It's like my account is frozen  I try to send an email to myself and get the error mnessage that says I am over the quota.  That is complete nonsense - I have 6% utilization - practically nothing left!  I am on hold right now for the 20th time.  Last night they had me change my password and secret question.  They said I should be able to send and receive email overnight.  Ummm....NO!  Didn't work.  Beyond frustrated as this email is for my work. 

Highlighted
Expert

@dmpfrommd wrote:

I have had no email since 11/16.  I have also been on the phone with security - ever single day. They also say it is a priority but I am getting nowhere.  This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.  It's like my account is frozen  I try to send an email to myself and get the error mnessage that says I am over the quota.  That is complete nonsense - I have 6% utilization - practically nothing left!  I am on hold right now for the 20th time.  Last night they had me change my password and secret question.  They said I should be able to send and receive email overnight.  Ummm....NO!  Didn't work.  Beyond frustrated as this email is for my work. 

Is your Inbox full?  There is a 10GB limit.  Check in webmail under Settings [the gear icon].

New Poster

I finally have access once again. Comcast said I had too many filters but on st least 2 previous occasions my filters were checked and ok (what ever). They only recovered 3 days of emails so if you do get webmail back I hope you can recover all of the emails that you didn’t get prior. Just a note I refused to allow a call back....