Community Forum

Comcast agent deleted my entire email account

Regular Visitor

Comcast agent deleted my entire email account

During the process of being on the phone with tech support for over 20 hours and 14 different agents to solve an account linking problem a comcast agent deleted my email account that was 25 years old. When I asked that it be restored, another agent retrieved my old user name but attached it to a brand new email account. Now all my email and folders are gone.  I have asked repeatedly to have them recovered from the server but have no response.   The lower level support agents tell me it can't be done. I believe this is comcast policy rather than a technical limitation.  I have worked in many companies where recovery from backups are done when required. Since this was not my doing, but rather a comcast agent's fault. I would think they would resolve it.   

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Expert

Re: Comcast agent deleted my entire email account

Given the circumstances, I will escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should see a response in this thread.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you. I appreciate the response and help. I however, remain pessimistic.

Best Regards

Expert

@tonyraymond wrote:

Thank you. I appreciate the response and help. I however, remain pessimistic.

Best Regards

@when a user ID (that part of the email address to the left of the @ symbol) is changed or deleted, it is suspended for 90 days, and then released back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer that wants to claim it.   The account should still be running in the background.  Usually, it can be reinstated.  But let's wait and see what happens after an employee replies in here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I was told about the 90 days suspension and the agent was able to get my user name restored in a couple of days but it was associated with a brand new email account not the old one. 

Official Employee

Hi, tonyraymond. Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. There are a few things I can do on my end to check this and determine what options we have for you. I know it's a super frustrating situation to be in with an email account you've had for so long. There is a purging process that is sometimes necessary for us to go through with your username, other times we have to open a request to our security team to have them attempt a refresh to pull those emails back. I'll need to look at your account to determine what the situation is in your case. Please send me a private message with your name, I will take a look, and we will go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I wish we could have gotten your emails back, tonyraymond. In this case, the username was purged in the back-end of our system which led to the inability of us retrieving the emails. If the username had been changed and the username wasn't purged, it would be much more likely that we could get them back. Either way, I know it was a lot to deal with and I appreciate you sticking with me through this. We appreciate you as a customer. Thanks for reaching out, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.