Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Comcast IP Blacklisted - emails to Verizon users on AOL servers being rejected

Contributor

Comcast IP Blacklisted - emails to Verizon users on AOL servers being rejected

Starting yesterday, my husband had been unable to email a contact of his who has a Verizon.net email address:  The email is immediately rejected.  Below is the text of the email return error followed by the Blacklist information I was able to obtain by checking on the IP addresses in the email return.  How does this get resolved?

EMAIL REJECTION MESSAGE:

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-ch2-04v.sys.comcast.net [69.252.207.36]

Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-ch2-01v.sys.comcast.net [69.252.207.97]

Arrival-Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 22:12:55 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; [REDACTED@VERIZON.NET]

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 521 5.2.1 :  AOL will not accept delivery of this message.

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 22:12:56 +0000

BLACKLIST INFORMATION

IP address69.252.207.36
Hostname:  resqmta-ch2-04v.sys.comcast.net
TypePublic
CIDR69.252.207.36/24

and

69.252.207.97 (resomta-ch2-01v.sys.comcast.net)

• dnsbl.spfbl.net
Expert

Re: Comcast IP Blacklisted - emails to Verizon users on AOL servers being rejected

You need to call Comcast security about this.  ---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Official Employee

Re: Comcast IP Blacklisted - emails to Verizon users on AOL servers being rejected

This is likely a problem with the content of the message (which could be anything in the message, including something like a phone number in the signature).  Most legitimate providers refrain from using Sorbs.  I'll reach out to a contact at AOL and see if I can get some additional information.

Official Employee

So, yes, AOL says this is likely content.  Could you give me a rough time for the original message (wasn't sure if the NDR in the OP was the first attempt), and the intended recipient?  Please PM me the details. I'll send it over to AOL and see if they can get a better gauge on why it was flagged.  Thanks.

Official Employee
Moved: