Community Forum

Comcast Email Data....Deleted By Comcast...2/15/19...Friday Morning...10+ Years Of Comcast Email

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Email Data....Deleted By Comcast...2/15/19...Friday Morning...10+ Years Of Comcast Email

2/19/19 @ 11:55 AM:  10+ Years Of Comcast Email Data Deleted - Still Missing - NO Resolution From Comcast Customer Support

xfinity - Comcast Email Data:  10+ Years Of Comcast Email Data Deleted

xfinity - Comcast Email Data:  All Emails - Visible On 2/14/19

xfinity - Comcast Email Data:  All Emails - Deleted As Of 2/15/19 @ 7:39 AM

xfinity - Area:  South Carolina

xfinity - Comcast Email Data:  Accessed Through Same Website & Desktop & Browser

xfinity - Comcast Email Website:  Xfinity Connect

xfinity - Accessed Through:  Dell Desktop

xfinity - Browser:  Google Chrome

xfinity - Comcast Support Contacted:  2/15/19 (NO Resolution) & 2/19/19 (NO Resolution)

xfinity - Need:  10+ Years Of Comcast Email Data Restored From Backup

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Email Data....Deleted By Comcast...2/15/19...Friday Morning...10+ Years Of Comcast Email

As per the xfinity Comcast Community Forum Post:

-  "Re: email has disappeared--2/15/19 5:00AM"

Comcast Response (Posted on xfinity Comcast Community Forum on 2/19/19 @ 11:56 AM):

-  "...This was my most recent email from Tom's office:"

-  "...After researching this matter further, I can 
confirm that the issues with XFINITY Email has not been fully resolved 
as we still have customers with missing email folders. At this time I do
not have an estimated resolution time for this outage...."

PROBLEM = Is NOT Missing Email Folders

PROBLEM = IS Deleted Comcast Email Data - Deleted From Comcast Inbox & Sent - For The Past 10+ Years - Deleted As Of 2/15/19 @ 7:39 AM

IF Your Comcast Email Data Was Deleted On 2/15/19, Please Post Response & Call Comcast Customer Service - Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Email Data....Deleted By Comcast...2/15/19...Friday Morning...10+ Years Of Comcast Email

Several Threads Concerning xfinity Comcast Email Data Deleted On 2/15/19:

xfinity Comcast Community Forum:

-  email has disappeared--2/15/19 5:00AM

-  Comcast Email Data....Deleted By Comcast...2/15/19...Friday Morning...10+ Years Of Comcast Email

-  Email Folder Content Disappeared

Two of my Previous Jobs were as:

-  Computer Software Quality Assurance

One of my Previous Jobs was as:

-  Computer Database Manager

Thus, I am very familar with Computer Software & Bugs / Issues.

The Deletion of Data by xfinity Comcast for multiple Comcast Users is a HUGE Issue.

From the above xfinity Comcast Community Forum it appears the following occurred:

-  2/15/19 - Morning: 

-  xfinity Comcast Email Accounts has their  Years & Years of Email Data Deleted

-  Some of these Comcast Email Accounts were Primary Users

-  However, some were Secondary Users (such as in my Situation)

- The Deleted Comcast Email Data Accounts appeared to be near capacity

- However, that does NOT give Comcast any right to delete Data

- Comcast is an Email Provider and Comcast CHARGES dearly for this Service

- Comcast Email Accounts are NOT FREE

- You Have To Pay For Comcast Internet To Have A Comcast Email Account

-  What happened on 2/15/19?

-  2/15/19 = National Emergency Declared:

-  Were xfinity Comcast Email Servers hacked?

-  Were xfinity Comcast Email Servers taken?

-  Did on 2/15/19 xfinity Comcast have a limited amount of Comcast Email Servers so Comcast felt the need to Delete 'High Data' Comcast Email Accounts?

-  What happened?

-  Server Outage:  NOT The Issue - Would NOT be able to access ANY Emails

Regular Visitor

I have similar problem. All emails lost on 2/15/19. Comcast did a recovery which recovered my sent emails but all emails in my inbox for the last 4+ years are still missing. Repeated calls to support line have not resolved the problem. Comcast refuses to acknowledge the fact that the recovery was flawed. Have spent many hours on the phone with Comcast and am frustrated with their attitude! Worst experience ever!
Frequent Visitor

2/20/19 @ 12:09 PM:  Still An Issue - Comcast Has NOT Resolved Issue

Comcast Email Data:  10+ Years Of Comcast Email Data Deleted On 2/15/19 @ 7:39 AM

Regular Visitor

As of 2/23/19, Comcast still has not restored my inbox emails and many calls to Comcast support have been an exercise in futility. They refuse to give any reasonable explanation of the problem or the solution.
Regular Visitor

Same here. As of April 2nd all my inbox emails dated before 2-15-19 are missing and Comcast support acknowledges the problem after many futile calls but claims that they cannot recover them. Have they really tried to do anything beyond restoring from the dumpster file? No, they have not.