Community Forum

Comcast Email Account Settings

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast Email Account Settings

When signing into comcast email for a second time on 2-5-20, we received an error message: "Please reset your password. In a recent security review, we detected a potential issue with your Xfinity profile. As a precaution, you'll need to reset your password." Working through the on screen prompts, we were unable to perform a password reset. We did an online chat and then were referred to Customer Security Solutions Center 888-565-4329. After a lengthy conversation, a suggestion was made to go to xfinity.com/password and enter the recovery phone number associated with the email account. At that point I was able to reset the password. However, I am still unable to recover the secondary user email account. It was suggested to go to My Account and I would be able to review Users there and recover that secondary email account. We are encountering error messages when trying to access My Account: "This isn't working right now" and "A communication error has occurred." We are wondering what changed on 2-5-20 to bump us out of our email accounts how to gain access to the User account from the primary? We have been told on subsequent contact with customer solutions that our account number is no longer valid for them to access as it is from 2016.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Comcast Email Account Settings

Can you clarify-------exactly what happens if you try to sign into the secondary account with it's own user ID and password?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am exeriencing the identical problem.  When I logged into the secondary account, I got the same message as the primary account and I had to reset the password.  I am able now to log into the secondary account, but when I try to open the secondary account while logged in to the primary account, I get an error message that I need to update secondary account settings.  Nothing that I have done to update the secondary account has allowed me to see it from the primary account, 

Highlighted
New Poster

I get an error message asking me to reset the password. Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 10.30.49 AM.png