Community Forum

Changing email display name

New Poster

Changing email display name

How can I change my email display name? When the account was set up, my display name was entered in all capital letters, and I'd like to change that to something less cringeworthy. 

Expert

Re: Changing email display name

@Anyong wrote:

How can I change my email display name? When the account was set up, my display name was entered in all capital letters, and I'd like to change that to something less cringeworthy. 

If you're talking about what is seen in the From: line:

• Start a new email message
  • Next to the From: line is your email address; click on the down arrow
  • Click on Edit names
  • Put a check mark in the box next to the name you wish to change
  • Enter the information you'd like others to see
  • Click Save

If you're talking about your name IN your email address XXXX@comcast.net where XXXX is the part you want to change...

If you change this part of your email address and you have already gotten emails, you wll lose all of those emails.  This part of your address can't be changed without losing the address. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you! The Comcast Agent I chatted with didn't know how to do this, and said the issue "would be escalated" but I never heard back. 

Appreciated!

Expert

@Anyong wrote:

Thank you! The Comcast Agent I chatted with didn't know how to do this, and said the issue "would be escalated" but I never heard back. 

Appreciated!

You're quite welcome!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, Anyong! Welcome to our community! If you still need help with changing the display name - please let me know. I'm happy to assist Smiley Happy

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.