Community Forum

Changing Email Address

Regular Visitor

Changing Email Address

I want to change my email address and have a smooth transition from the current to the new.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Changing Email Address

I think the easiest is to create a new secondary address, then set it as the primary. Start updating services to use the new one. You can log into the 'old' address with the webmail version, click the gear icon in the upper right, go to settings, then set an Auto-Forward to have all mail sent to the new address. I'm not certain if there is a way to move mail from old to new.

But then, maybe there is a rename email option somewhere?

Regular Visitor

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I did create a second email, so I have that part done.  I can start notifying my contacts to use the new email.  I do not know how to move my email folders and contents.  Eventually, I want to eliminate the old email address.  I did this once before, however, I was going from a different provider to Comcast.  For some reason it seems like it was easier. 

Wishing You...Best Days

Silver Problem Solver

To be honest, it's probably not a good idea to rely on an ISP's email as your primary. Use something independent like Gmail, Outlook, etc...

Regular Visitor

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to help.

Wishing You and Yours Best Days

Regular Visitor

Community:

I just wanted to add an update to my email address change delimma.  I finally contacted customer support.  The agent changed my existing email address to the new address.  Therefore, I was able to keep all contacts, file folders, and settings.  The drawback is I had to immediately notify my contacts, as the origianl email address was gone without any forwarding capabilities.  If you have memberships, banking, credit accounts, etc. it takes a lot of hours to contact each agency with an updated email-address. They all have their own processess.    

Wishing All Best Days,

Contributor

As the relevant threads are shut down and I can not respond to them, I'll post here instead.

Today 08/01/2018 my xfinity email was completely changed.  There are so many downgrades with this new software that they are too long to list.  The email is no longer intuitive, professional, with easy effective usability.  Please change the email back to the same platform I have enjoyed for the past 10 years, that is the primary reason I have remained a customer this long, the email.  Change it back immediately please.  I have called, chatted, emailed, used forums, used the ask tom messaging feature and nobody has helped.  An individual changed the base email software and I am requesting that same individual change the email back to the way it was yesterday.  I did not request any changes but had called in multiple times asking for this proposed change to not occur.  Why did Xfinity just downgrade the email functionallity so severely?  Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, and a hamburger icon menu for illiterate users.  What a waste of time and unprofessional implementation of a major email platform.  I'm looking at a new service provider if this is the email xfinity is presenting with now.  Attached is an image of a professional email platform, that is why I have stayed a customer for all these years, give it back, now please.

And the follow up;  The 'new customer experience' or whatever nonsense.  Higher costs, lower quality products.  Thanks.

Expert

@jhallappraisals wrote:

As the relevant threads are shut down and I can not respond to them, I'll post here instead.

Today 08/01/2018 my xfinity email was completely changed.  There are so many downgrades with this new software that they are too long to list.  The email is no longer intuitive, professional, with easy effective usability.  Please change the email back to the same platform I have enjoyed for the past 10 years, that is the primary reason I have remained a customer this long, the email.  Change it back immediately please.  I have called, chatted, emailed, used forums, used the ask tom messaging feature and nobody has helped.  An individual changed the base email software and I am requesting that same individual change the email back to the way it was yesterday.  I did not request any changes but had called in multiple times asking for this proposed change to not occur.  Why did Xfinity just downgrade the email functionallity so severely?  Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, and a hamburger icon menu for illiterate users.  What a waste of time and unprofessional implementation of a major email platform.  I'm looking at a new service provider if this is the email xfinity is presenting with now.  Attached is an image of a professional email platform, that is why I have stayed a customer for all these years, give it back, now please.

Comcast has been in the process of migrating to the newer Appsuite email software for well over two years now.  The project is now about 97-98% done, so it looks like you are one of the last ones to make the change.  Once migrated, there is no way to revert to the old Zimbra format.

If you don't like the new format, you have options:

1) Enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail (Windows 10) or some other. That way you can access your account and don't have to look at the Comcast UI. There are a lot of other advantages using a client over only webmail anyway.

2) Set the account to auto-forward to some other, non-Comcast, account you have like Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, Mail.com or some other if you prefer their user interface.

3) Some webmail providers now give you the ability to set up external accounts and use their interface. Notable examples would be Gmail, Outlook.com, and Mail.com. Comcast webmail now has this feature as well.

Expert

Zimbra also has a free desktop client you can install if you want to stay with Zimbra.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Admin request.  Please remove the photo on this same page.  That was not supposed to be presented as a fully blown up easily readable page.  Thank you.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Changing-Email-Address/m-p/3075680/highlight/false#...

Expert

@jhallappraisals wrote:

Admin request.  Please remove the photo on this same page.  That was not supposed to be presented as a fully blown up easily readable page.  Thank you.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Changing-Email-Address/m-p/3075680/highlight/false#...

You should be able to edit that post by clicking on the three dots on the right side of the post.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Contributor

Removed

Contributor

Looks like I'll finally a decade later have to take in one of those external programs.  I'm wasting a lot of paper here with this unnecessary spacing on printed email records.  The notably increased load time is awesome, what an upgrade.   Zimbra mail was the absolute best and it was so convenient and reliable to use it within the web browser for instant response and access wherever I may have been on multiple computers.  Xfinity made the wrong decision to try and save money by downgrading to a cheaper platform, that reliable in browser zimbra pro email was really great and was the reason I had reccomended comcast to professional associates in the past.  If I was on business class, would I still have access to that via standard xfinity in browser email client service?  I've tried this new email out for a week or so now, it's just awful and dissapointing all around.  What used to print on a single page now takes 5 pages, totally unnecessary spacing and font size increases on the printed page, narrow side to side margins.  Who created this platform, an intern?

Contributor

Just today I attempted to perform an email action which is routine and I perform this action at least once a week.

I went back to a sent email from last week that I had copied to multiple parties, being an email related to a real estate sales transation.

I needed to email all parties again for a group update.

However, the sent email record on my side, although I had copied to a second email, no longer indicates which additional parties that email was sent to.

What was that other email addess I had copied that letter to again?

This is a non functional email platform.  Will it even work properly with a third party email provider?

Please change it back.

Jeremy.

Expert

@jhallappraisals wrote:

Just today I attempted to perform an email action which is routine and I perform this action at least once a week.

I went back to a sent email from last week that I had copied to multiple parties, being an email related to a real estate sales transation.

I needed to email all parties again for a group update.

However, the sent email record on my side, although I had copied to a second email, no longer indicates which additional parties that email was sent to.

What was that other email addess I had copied that letter to again?

This is a non functional email platform.  Will it even work properly with a third party email provider?

Please change it back.

Jeremy.

Once you've been migrated there is no changing back.  Appsuite is now the webmail Xfinity is using.

Why aren't you using business class service instead of residential?

Contributor

Thank you.  Yes I have been looking into the zimbra email platforms.  Which platform exactly was I using before, so I can be sure to order the same thing from zimbra even if it's a service that will cost money?

Also, in sent emails now there is no record of secondary email recipients.  This is a major problem and there is no record on the printed or digital in browser screen.  The additional parties I've copied these emails to regarding professional services are literally invisible to me now.

Is this a fundamental flaw within this email platform, which will result in third party email provider softwares also having that same issue, or is this just a limited fault within the 'new and improved' email program which I'm using in browser?

Also please provide a link to an approved tutorial on how to install a third party email provider without accidentally doing something unintended. 

My business revolves around emails.  This is just the worst and it's already slowing me down and having a negative effect on both resource use and time management.  Can xfinity offer me a choice or an upgrade alternative to simply use what I used to use, the zimbra pro or what exactly was that called?  I'll pay, fine I'll pay.  What is the cost number because I will pay.  This new email functionallity is just not working out.

Thank you, Jeremy.

Contributor

Why would I pay more for business class when I'm a sole proprietor and the residential service offered everything I need, at my home office?

The business class service has excess cost when I'm not even close to any imposed limitations with residential triple play.

Answer the questions I've posed please, your question is irrelevent and off topic.

If I had business class service, would I still have access to the superior zimbra email platform which used to be available on residential.

What is the name exactly of the zimbra email suite which was just removed, so I can try to purchase or obtain that exact matching software.

Will all copied email recipients be visible to me if using a third party email provider, because suddenly that essential information on whom was copied into emails is now invisible and missing in all areas within the 'updated' email suite.