Community Forum

Changed PW, cannot get email

Frequent Visitor

Changed PW, cannot get email

I got spammed, so I changed my email PW. Now I can receive but not send on my Iphone, and cannot log in on my laptop (MacBookAir), which gives me this message:

Unable to verify account name or password.

Contributor

Re: Changed PW, cannot get email

Hi, that make sense! So basically you changed your account password, you need also to update the password(the new comcast password that you made) of your email in both devices. Try to remove the email address from your device and add it again and be sure to use the "new" password that you have changed. I would suggest to contact the apple support so that they can help you reconfigure your devices .

Expert

@cbnie wrote:

I got spammed, so I changed my email PW. Now I can receive but not send on my Iphone, and cannot log in on my laptop (MacBookAir), which gives me this message:

Unable to verify account name or password.

In iOS, you need to set the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing SMTP server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the SMTP server;

In iOS 11 go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to"Accounts & Passwords", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net" again. On the next screen, tap "smtp.comcst.net", and you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! That did the trick.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I had done that, but it wasn’t enough. I had to delete the account and add it again.