Community Forum

Cant send Comcast email using Outlook error 421

Frequent Visitor

Cant send Comcast email using Outlook error 421

It has been over a week, I called many times to Comcast support and read this forum, however Comcast never corrected this problem, it seems I'm not the only one having this annoying issue, it's only when using Outlook, I reinstalled newer version of Outlook, I used IMAP and POP with the same results, I've been using my email since when the used to be @home.com (or something similar), was a Comcast customer for about 25 years until recently I had to move to our work ISP, (I work as an IT manager for a local Telecom company), I was told I can keep using my Comcast emails as long as I use them, it's been fine at first but this started over 10 days ago, it is very frustrating !

I can't get any help correcting this issue, I've been told since I'm not a customer they can't help me fix this, I read on this forum, it seems many people have the same exact problem so I'm sure it's not me,

Comcast PLEASE respond!!!!

, let us know if you decided to rid of us and we'll make the arrangement needed, I keep your email only because I’m too lazy to switch it, but If I have no choice I will,  it will however make it difficult for me to ever come back and be a Comcast customer again

Official Employee

Re: Cant send Comcast email using Outlook error 421

Hi Anon859605, can you send and receive emails from the Xfinity website? Have you tried sending emails using a different device? 

Frequent Visitor

Yes I'm able to send and receive emails using the Xfinity web site, from the same computer, I've been using 2010 outlook for the last 5-6 years, I never made any changes, not any outlook updates, it just stop sending, I receive with no problem, I can use my IPhone to send and receive with no problems but isn't it the same as using the Xfinity web site?Something has been change on Comcast side, I reinstalled Office on my computer and its acting the same, I configured IMAP and pop using all the correct ports (995, 993, 587, 465) …same results, it has been now 3 weeks since this suddenly happened, I'm an IT guy and we do support email clients (Exchange internally and C-panel for customers) I'm the guy to go to, so I do know my way around email servers, please help me figure this thing out, this has been my email address for many years and I'll hate to need to change everything to a new email address, I'm also connected to many web sites with this email.

please advice !!!

pleae advice !!!

Official Employee

Thank you for that information, I have encountered this issue many times before. Please first try removing the email account from outlook completely in your settings and then enter your Comcast credentials again. If the emails work on the site and other equipment then the username and password settings are correct and will need to be reset within outlook for the mail to be sent or received successfully. 

Frequent Visitor

As you told me I removed my email setting, reset my password, went back to my mail, set up an my account with my creduntials, first IMAP with all the correct setting which I got from the web site, yet again incoming was working and outgoing was failing the test, I tried using POP and I got the same resoults, I tried With and without SSl, change the port numbers, still the same, created a new filder, used the old folder, still the same, I'll be more than happy to show you if if could remote in to my computer. I truly yhink there is something on your outgoing mail that is blocking my account, specially now it is more clear to me, as of now i have nothing set up...very frustrating, please help? Advise? support call? anything ?

Official Employee

Anon859605 wrote: As you told me I removed my email setting, reset my password, went back to my mail, set up an my account with my creduntials, first IMAP with all the correct setting which I got from the web site, yet again incoming was working and outgoing was failing the test, I tried using POP and I got the same resoults, I tried With and without SSl, change the port numbers, still the same, created a new filder, used the old folder, still the same, I'll be more than happy to show you if if could remote in to my computer. I truly yhink there is something on your outgoing mail that is blocking my account, specially now it is more clear to me, as of now i have nothing set up...very frustrating, please help? Advise? support call? anything ?

I can look into your settings on the back end, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Frequent Visitor

per your request I sent you a private message...btw I sent you one on 5/30/2018 for the same issue.

please help resolving this..

Thank you!

AK

Official Employee

Anon859605 wrote: 

per your request I sent you a private message...btw I sent you one on 5/30/2018 for the same issue.

please help resolving this..

Thank you!

AK

Thank you, I replied to your PM please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

Frequent Visitor

Still can't recieve emails...please HELP!!!!!1

Frequent Visitor

As it stands I still can't send any emails from my Outlook,

1) I changed all my setting.

2) moved to IMAP from POP, and back to POP.

3) Reinstall Outlook.

4) changed my Comcast password.

5) made sure my account is not in a "Deletion status".

6) Changed my home folder.

it has been 3.5 weeks and it's not resolved, I'm aware of the fact that I'm not currently a Comcast customer, I was promised I could keep the emails even If I'm no longer a customer, i didn;'t know I could get support only using this website, which is very annoying, it's not a direct contact, all of this could have been avoided if one of your tech will share my screen and take a good look at my settings, it took 3 weeks to confirm my settings are correct, just because we are using this web site, It is very sad that I'm treated like that, after being a comcast customer for 25 years!!! I need somebody to get on this issue andfix it once an for all! wouldn't you want the same thing?

WOULD ANYBODY FROM COMCAST......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIX THIS?????????????

Admin1

Anon859605 -- I've sent this of to our email support team for assistance. I will keep you updated with what they say about this. 

Admin1

Anon859605 -- Our email support team was able to locate the issue with your email. They're in the process of having it resolved. 

Admin1

Anon859605 -- This was given over to our Security Assurance team. Have they been in contact with you?