Community Forum

Cannot receive email from Microsoft to verify activation of MSOffice 2016

Regular Visitor

Cannot receive email from Microsoft to verify activation of MSOffice 2016

Purchased ms office 2016 and trying to activate through office.com.  Screen says sending verifying email but it never shows up in my email.  Called MS and was informed it was a problem with the Comcast server not recognizing MS emails.  Was sent to an engineer to "expedite" solution to my problem amd will call me in two days when they get back at work.  Is this happening to every Comcast customer who tries to activate Microsoft Office 2016?  I don't think so.

New Poster

Re: Cannot receive email from Microsoft to verify activation of MSOffice 2016

Having the EXACT same issue. Seen a couple instances of it on twitter from the last couple days as well. Have you resolved it?

New Poster

Was this ever solved?  I'm still not getting Microsoft verification emails and it's really creating problems.

New Poster

My father just experienced this problem. We did a Windows update and we can’t get into Skype. We never get the email. His Skype account is basically out of reach.

I called the Comcast Security Team and they claim it is a Microsoft problem. I recommend people having a problem call the Security Team @ ‭1 (888) 565-4329‬

New Poster

I have a similar problem about Skype. Since March Skype, after digesting ID and password, tries sending an e-mail with a confirmation code to my comcast mail box. Those mails never come.

I called comcast and skype and it was a waist of time. Those people do not know what they are doing.

Official Employee

Hello everyone, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We investigated these issues and reached out to Microsoft to discuss this with them. 

To summarize the findings, Microsoft was flagging their own messages a outbound spam.  We see that indication in the headers of the message, and we obey their verdict.  If a user has their spam folder disabled, the messages are then discarded.  We call this “Spam marked by forwarder”, and it’s something we’ve used for quite some time.  It mostly is used with messages coming from Microsoft/Outlook.com and AOL. 

Microsoft is in the process of correcting this and it should be resolved soon, if it is not already.

New Poster

Thank you for the update. How can I see my spam folder to check it, if this happens in the future?
Expert

@ddtriley wrote:
Thank you for the update. How can I see my spam folder to check it, if this happens in the future?

Did you try just clicking on your Spam folder?  Does it open normally?

New Poster

I have problems with Skype sending identification codes to the comcast post box which never arrive

even not in  the spam box. The issue started in March. The comcast person I landed on also promised an "expedite" solution to my problem". It is August and the problem is still there. On top of this,  I tried to link a different non comcast address to the skype account. To allow me to do this operation skype send an e-mail guess where...